My Wife’s Coming Home today, but !

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2007 at 8:35 am

[FONT=”Book Antiqua”]Well my wife has been in a skilled nursing care center for the past 2 wks, getting rehabilitative therapy. The good news shes coming home today, but her mother had colin surgery last wk. Her Drs admitted her to the same nursing facility, he said she needed some therapy to get her in better shape before she goes home. My wifes stepdad on the other hand is in the hospital with double pneumonia, I’m trying to figure this one out it’s like a triple whammy, everyone seems to be having medical problems at the same time. But my wife is doing well enough to come home, so that’s a plus. [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2007 at 9:04 am

Hello,
      Boy, do I know what you mean by a triple “WHAMMY”, but in a different way for me. WHAMMY #1, I “may” have a second chronic syndrome (diagnosis not confirmed yet), #2, mother’s primary caregiver has to leave, so family has to bring in a stranger to help care for my mother, #3, I was not careful enough and am in financial trouble (can be brought up again only by tight tight budgeting). ALL BIG BIG STRESSERS.

Mom’s and Dad’s love their children and I think your wife’s mom and dad would want you to take good care of their child, so your wife should be your first concern.

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2007 at 10:00 am

Wow, Friend ~ you do have a full platter! You’ll make it thru this too. How? The same way you eat an elephant ~ one piece at a time 😉 Prayer thoughts are with you and all the family.

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2007 at 4:42 pm

DD,

Hang in there! It always seems that things happen in bunches. Good to hear that your wife is doing well enough to come home.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Dustdemon,

Hang in there. You and your family are in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2007 at 5:04 pm

DD1, that’s great news about your wife! sorry to hear the sad news about the mom-in-law and step dad, hopefully they will both be home in no time. take life easy and slowly for now, it will get better slowly but steadily. you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Big Hugs!! take good care of your better half!:)

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2007 at 9:18 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”]Well my wife is home & so far doing ok, she is sleeping soundly. Something she said she couldn’t do a the nursing care center, we did go down to the 2nd floor today to see her mom. She is still having a lot of problems from the surgery, but doing better. Now if she can just get better & my wifes stepdad can get over the pneumonia, & get well enough to go home. Hopefully that will happen soon, well I spent the time rearranging things here today. A medical supply company is delivering a hospital bed on Monday, this should be a big help to her when she gets up. Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.[/FONT]