My Tigger Is Gone

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 10:13 am

Dear Friends,

I had to put to sleep my cat, Tigger, yesterday. He was 12 years old and was my best friend and I live alone. The poor guy endured so many illnesses from IBD to liver problems and heart problems then the vet said he probably had lymphnoma (?sp). I do not regret the thousands of dollars I spent on him over the years. But I am so lost…

(mind is also lost as i can’t remember how to post a photo)

[IMG]http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p146/arielccv/?action=view&current=tiggerstars.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 10:46 am

Crissy,

I am so sorry you have lost your best friend tigger. We had to put our 11year old orange cat, Lucky to sleep 3 weeks ago. He was such a dedicated loyal old soul.
      On a card the Vet sent us was this saying.

Good friends leave paw prints and fond memories in our heart…

Sincerely
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 10:55 am

Hi Chrissy

Your Tigger was so beautiful! I love cats very much and they were always good friends to me, I remember one in particular, when he died I was heartbroken.

thinking of you in this difficult time

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 12:28 pm

Chrissy I pray for you and your loss. As you know I have 4 show cats and 2 are 15 yrs old and one is 13 and one is 12. God has blessed us and I pray when their time comes it will peaceful.
      My vet does nothing but cats and she is considered one of the top cat vets. She said when one of our love ones leaves to replace it as soon as you are able too. When you replace your baby to remember let it pick you and you will feel your love one that left has come back in the one you pick.
      I have you in my prayers and thoughts. I pray you will find another little Tigger very soon. Your friend (Steve) PS-The piture is my 12 yr old. His name is Lakoda Riseing Sun. He is an Abyssynean

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Chrissy, I’m sorry for your lost. You are such a Great Mom, I’m sure Tigger is still right at your side.

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Chrissy,
      You see, several of us understand the grief we feel at the loss of our pets. When you love them, they really are our babies. I’m mostly a dog person and I still miss my CODY and STANLEY. I grew up with pets in the family, one of our kitties MANFRED was just a mess. He was only a lap cat if you let him come to you.

Sometimes I yearn for a pet again, but it just won’t work out for me.

Pets DO go to heaven and wait for us.

• Anonymous
      February 11, 2009 at 11:25 pm

Hi Chrissy: Sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are divine gifts. I have a four year old cat, Jerry, we got two months before GBS. He has been a fine companion for me all through this ordeal and we share couch and bed regularly. I don’t want to think of what loosing him would mean, so I have some idea of what you are going through. You can never replace the one you loose, but getting another friend never hurts either. Jeff

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2009 at 12:26 am

I am soooo sorry Chrissy. He’ll be back in your next love.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2009 at 4:50 am

Chrissy,

I am sooo sorry to hear of this loss of yours.
      As you know, I am the utmost animal lover. I can deeply understand your grief. I remember all those “posts” of yours when Tigger was so very sick, and we all realized how much he meant to you.

Tigger will be waiting for you……….:) He knows how much you loved and cared for him,…

Per

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2009 at 10:03 am

Our pets mean sooooo much and there loss is so sad. Tigger would want you to forge ahead. Be well.

• February 12, 2009 at 12:11 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Tigger was very lucky to have shared so many years with you and to have so much love. My heart goes out to you.

*hug*
      Lori

• Anonymous
      February 12, 2009 at 11:44 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your kitty. I used to have an orange cat named Tigger but he ran away many years ago.

I now have a 14 year old black cat named Shadow. I don’t even want to think about being without him.

I came across this a few months ago…I hope it helps.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
      There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
      There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
      The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author unknown…

Big hugs,
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2009 at 12:01 am

Chrissy,
      Sorry to hear about your lost. Remember, it is true that all dogs go to heaven, but that is only because cats hold the door open for them.

• Anonymous
      February 13, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Chrissy,

Something must have told me to come here today, although I am seldom on the forums lately. It must have been to read your post about your dear Tigger.

It made me cry, because I know how much you loved Tigger. It hurts so much to lose a beloved pet. How lucky you are to have had Tigger in your life. And how lucky Tigger was to have you as his mom.

There is nothing I can say to make your loss better, but please know that I understand, and my heart is with you.

Best wishes and purrs,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2009 at 10:41 am

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4]Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat Tigger Chrissy, Just know I’m thinking about you. [/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2009 at 10:43 am

Thank you everyone! My heart is still broken and the tears are still flowing, but I am feeling everyone’s love for me and Tigger and that helps. I have always lived alone, but was never lonely… because of my pets. Tigger was the biggest lover of a kitty I have ever had. He was with me when both of my parents died and so many events over the past 11 years have gone by. I am still unemployed and part of me must have known to spend as much time as I could with him these past three months. I miss you Tigger.

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2009 at 12:03 pm

Hello Chrissy. I just am dropping you a note to let you know we all know how heavy our hearts were when we lost a pet! Your loss also makes us sad you had to go thru what we did. Also, wanted to let you know there is a lot of comfort this this site. [url]http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm[/url] I have lost two pets since I come down with GBS. We all know how much you miss Tigger. Perfect name for your dear buddy! HUGS!

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Hi Chrissy,
      I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Tigger. Those of us that are animal lovers can sure relate to what you are feeling. Maybe after you heal a little you will be able to remember him with a smile. In the meantime I have a few birds I could give you or how about a couple of brothers..I have plenty of either.

Take care

Love
      Sherry

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2009 at 1:04 pm

[B]Hi Chrissy,

I am so sorry that Tigger has left you. Sending you big Brandy Hugs.[/B]

• Anonymous
      February 17, 2009 at 12:35 am

I am so sorry for your loss. Our furry babies are so special.

Right after I was diagnosed with CIDP I just happened to be in a pet store and saw “him”. He has a glow about his tiny grey striped body and I knew he was for me. My right hand couldn’t hold a pen to fill out the adoption papers and I grabbed a complete stranger to help me. Here it is almost 4 years later and I love my OssieKat.