My Story – Short Version

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2007 at 12:05 am

My fingers are curled and it is hard to type ๐Ÿ™‚ , but I have learned to paint since the onset of GBS. I am currently 64 and came down with GBS in November 2005. I was paralyzed from the neck down within four days but was blessed that my lungs were not paralyzed. I was treated with IVIG which halted and reversed the GBS.

I was in the hospital for two weeks and in acute rehab for eight weeks. The doctors let me go home when I could sit myself up. I am now able to walk short distances in the house. My balance is poor, feet and hands are numb and are still experiencing nerve pain. I also have one dropped toe.

As I mentioned earlier, I have started painting. I started painting in May 2006 and have found it a great escape from the pain. I have painted over 42pictures, have given many to family and friends, especially those who have helped me through my recovery; I have entered a few into art shows and have just put several up for sale.

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2007 at 12:29 am

That’s awesome! I wish I could see some of your paintings. I am glad you joined us here and hope you continue recovering!

Thanks for sharing your uplifting story.

Dennis

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2007 at 12:32 am

Welcome to “the Family” ๐Ÿ™‚ We love to hear encouraging stories. Hope to see you around here as you continue to improve. I too, would love to see your paintings.

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2007 at 8:39 am

HELLO,
      Welcome to your new family, where we feel what you feel. Busy hands and busy mind are the best therapy you can find..

After being severly damaged by CIDP, I’ve just recently found out that my hands can try to draw again. I’ve got to go into it a little more now.
      Liz

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2007 at 1:54 pm

Welcome to the family. I am happy to hear that your have found a great release in painting, I bet you are quite talented. Take care of yourself, if you ever need anything just let us know, we are here to help.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2007 at 6:45 pm

Welcome! It’s wonderful that you have turned your frustration and pain to something possitive. Keep up the good work!

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 1:08 am

Welcome from me too! I hope you are using happy colors to express yourself! I bet your paintings are beautiful! Would you be interested in donated a painting to my event for GBS? Just kidding but boy it is a thought to get one for the next symposium to show how you can make lemons into lemonade! I have a request! Would you hide a small GBS on one of your paintings for all of us? I guess it would be asking too much to take one outside the ABC Studios in New York City at Time Square that has a big HI KIT on it? OK, it does not hurt to ask! Good luck with your talent!

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 5:40 am

I can be bought ๐Ÿ™‚ get me drunk and I will paint GBS and hi Kit on my chest and show up on Good Morning America.

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 11:41 am

Jerimy you have accomplished to make me smile without the trip to NYC. Thanks! But if I am having a down day remind me that you have the ABC stencils and paint ready! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 12:20 pm

Paint and stencils are ready, glad I made you smile ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      January 7, 2007 at 1:36 pm

If I could figure out how I’d be glad to show you one of my paintings. I would also donate one.

After reading your stories i feel that I am making great progress. My heart and prayers go out to each of you.