My introduction doctor said" working diagnosis Guillian Barre"

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2010 at 2:01 pm

I have had shortness of breathon slight exhertion, muscle cramps in legs, FATIGUE, all since Jan after having bronchitis. I have Adult onset Stills Disease take Prednisone 5mg and Methotrexate. I saw my rheumatologist she ordered lost of blood and other test, including heart stress test. So she referred me to pulmonologist , he did pulmonary stress test…said some asthma and over weight. I knew it was more saw my family doctor too.
      The rheumatologist sent me for a EMG…thought myositis.So they referred me to Johns Hopkins. I saw neurologist at JH..he saw slight myopathy …he referred me to Johns Hopkins rheumatology. Did the whole work up all over again. Then she refferred me to Johns Hopkins Pulmonology, more MRI, xray lung test, even bronchospy. Then he refers me back to neurology after starting having tingling burning in my feet. Two weeks ago did EMG again, and included my diaphram. Saw weakness there, he ordered more bloodwork and now waiting for Lumbar Puncture.Doctor said working diagnosis is Guillian Barre. I have seen a lot of doctors so far and many test. I have long term disability working on SSDI, just got turned down.Starting on appeal or reconsider. I am using ALLSUP.
      I think after reading alot here I am at the right place

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I am glad you found your way here and I hope that reading all the many posts here you find answers for the many questions swimming through your mind.

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I was diagnosed with gbs 10 days after a bout with bronchitis. its truly a nightmare that goes on and on and on. sorry about the gbs but glad you’re here. information abounds and we all know what each other is going through. good luck.

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2010 at 4:01 pm

With the slower onset of symptoms have they considered the possibility of CIDP? If your lumbar punctures shows an elevation of protein, it could be either, but an EMG or NCS should be able to differentiate between the two. Some neuros may want a sural nerve biopsy just to be sure, it would show if there is an “onion bulb” type of demylenation going on.

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2010 at 11:06 am

I was readingmy doctors report…he said toes were mute. what does that mean?
      I called Johns hopkins scheduled for lumbar punture..have month wait….whats up with thar?