My Hands Are Out Of The Closet

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 2:18 pm

Hello,
      After all iof these years, I thought I’d let you aee what my habds are really lioke. I havfe always done alot of corredcting. Mikst days are like rthis with mhy hands and this is the way I really type.

I let my hands come out of the closet for my friends here. I’m typing this on a good hand hay, sop on a bad hanhd day, it’s worse.

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 3:51 pm

Liz,
      Like you, I always type with two fingers. Used to ty[e 65 words per minute, now quite quickly with the two fingers. This is my first attempt at actually using the right home keys in over 4 yeats, surprised there aten’t even more mistakes than this!
      Pam

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 11:38 pm

liz & pam,

i, tto, type w 2fingers & make corrections before posting. this is unedited. easire this way, no? take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 12:24 am

Do not despair friends; my hands did not recover after GBS in 1990, so I was forced to persevere with a speech recognition system (DDNS7 actually), and now I can dictate and watch the words appear on the screen at slightly less than normal conversational speed. It isn’t perfect, but even I can cope with altering an average of less than two phonetic errors in every hundred words. Keep smiling!

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 6:55 am

It took five years after onset for my right hand to straghten out, although I have very little strength in that hand. Typing takes 4 fingers…3 on one hand, 1 on the other. This is a far cry from when I was a secretary pounding on a manual typewriter but it works…

Regards.
      Marge

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 9:04 am

I don’t give a dam about a man that can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 9:50 am

[B]Liz[/B], I am glad,that youmlet your haqnds out of the, closet. I will do tjhe same thismone time. I am typing with to ingers always,looking a the keyboard. It seems that I always hitmthe right keys but when I finally look at the sxcreen – if the window is still there – there are plenty of extra letters. Like this.
      OK, I willmlook now. Well, not too bad. Insteadmof hitting the space bar I seem to be hitting the m a lot.:eek: You don’t seem to have that problem.

[b]Finger typing race: first two lines[/b]

[COLOR=”RoyalBlue”][B]Liz[/B] 9 mistakes[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=”MediumTurquoise”][B]Norb[/B] 8 mistakes [/COLOR]
      [B]Soapy[/B] 0 mistakes in one line, two lines = 0
      [B]Marge[/B] 0 mistakes – did you cheat and correct mistakes?:confused:
      [B]Adrian[/B] disqualified, used DDNS7 steroids on his horse
      [COLOR=”Red”][B]Gene[/B] 5 mistakes in one line, = 10 in two lines[/COLOR]
      [B]Pam[/B] 3 mistakes

Looks like Gene is the winner by a large margin followed by Liz and Norb with q close third place, Pam a distant fourth.

๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 11:12 am

What I realized once again this morning, I still have not learned to live with enough intentionality, to type, to walk around the house slowly paying more attention to what I am doing.

Carol called a little while ago to tell me that she was on her way home with our granddaughter to babysit her at our house in Ft. Collins insteadmof Denver. Since she was gone for a few days, the house was a mess. She would be here in about 1 1/2 hour and I rushed around picking up, unloadingand loading the dishwasher, stashintg away the booze ๐Ÿ˜‰ , taking my pills, taking a shower. I almost fell twice my foot getting caught onthe corner of the rugs. That hasn’t happened to me in a long time. I ewas rushing and not paying attention.

Wow, I started typing this since I am done – with more attention. [B]only 4 mistakes in 12 lines[/B] that is a lot better than in my previous post.

I like the Simon & Garfunkel song, should make it my motto: [COLOR=”Red”][I]slow down you move too fast. You got to make the morning last[/I][/COLOR]

Take care

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 11:32 am

Even though all of you are making typing mistakes, it’s good for the fingers to get this exercise. It doesn’t matter how you do it, because you can do it and that’s all that matters. So keep on typing away no matter what it looks like.

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 11:27 pm

Brandy, I couldn’t agree with you more and I couldn’t have put it better.

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 10:13 am

I was intubated and could not communicate since most of my body was paralyzed. Among the first nerves to revive were the fingers on my left hand. You guessed it. I gave my doctor the finger (think of Carmella Soprano with GBS)!

Regards,
      Marge