My experience at symposium

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2010 at 10:29 am

I’ll write about this first before I talk about sessions I attended. I had a panic attack when I arrived at hotel in a taxi. When the taxi pulled up to let me out I told him I needed my wheelchair brought around so I could transfer to it. A shocked look crossed his face, WHAT WHEELCHAIR, I DON’T HAVE ONE! PANIC crossed my face. My walker was with me, but since I only needed it to transfer I brought my lightest one which is not really strong and sturdy. I knew I had to do it and by the grace of God I walked with the walker into hotel so I could sit. Another blessing from God, the hotel had a few loaner wheelchairs. And a third blessing, the taxi driver went back to airport, found my wheelchair and brought it to hotel. If my wheelchair could not be found I would have had to send someone out to a medical supply store and buy a new one. I would not have been able to get home without wheelchair.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2010 at 2:35 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”][CODE]my goodness! i am so glad you encountered some kindness to offset your bad luck liz! phew–

how was the conference otherwise?[/CODE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I uplifting to hear that there are some decent people left in this world. I’m sorry you had to go through the panic of a lost wheel chair. I hope the initial shock didn’t ruin your time at the symposium.

• Anonymous
      November 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Wow, Liz. You may qualify for the “trip from He_ _ award! I am glad that it all worked out in the end. it only cost you some shattered nerves, probably almost lost your lunch, and no doubt a rough night’s sleep that night. But you bounced right back – as always. What A Gal.

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2010 at 9:55 am

Liz, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles with the wheel chair. God is so good and made it all come out right. I hope the rest of the Symposium went well for you.
      I have not been on the boards for a long time. Have been feeling pretty well and seem to improve from year to year. However, the neuropathy has caught up with me. I have been distracted from here and need to get back to the site. Believe it or not, I too came to the Symposium, but on Friday only. I was hoping to find you so we could meet at last. I am so sorry that I missed you. Should have made prior contact by e-mail. (not only do my feet need help, but my brain also!)
      The Symposium was wonderful. I learned a lot. Am so glad I got to go.
      I hope your return trip home was successful. I remember that you moved to Fla. and hope you are happy there. I wonder if you have my E-Mail address?
      God bless you Liz, Mary Ann Chisnell / Va. Bch.:)

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Hey Liz, I’m glad you got to go to the symposium again! Please, Please, tell us where the next one is in 2012. It may be closer to some of us who didn’t get to go this time and the anticipation would be exciting 😀 Thanks much!

• Anonymous
      November 13, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Judi,
      I sent you a private message.

• Anonymous
      November 14, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Liz, I am so glad everything worked out for you with the wheelchair!!!
      Must have been some nerve wracking moments and panic.

I hope you have shared your thoughts on the symposium elsewhere, I just haven’t seen it yet, if so.
      Also, i sent you a PM.

Thanks,
      jdunk

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2010 at 7:28 am

JDUNK,

I sent you a private message which answered your question. According to the words of neurologist Dr. G, I am CURED of CIDP. I have been off all treatments other then PT to maintain for seven years and I just don’t relate to all the sessions. Just didn’t work out to take pictures, tape recorder was broken when I unpacked. I tried not to show on outside, but inside I was pretty well shaken almost losing wheelchair and things just didn’t fall into place for me so I could be a reporter for forum. That happens to me when stress becomes extreme.

Check with administrators to see what foundation will have available. Next communicator should have articles.

• Anonymous
      November 15, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Thanks, Liz. I am so sorry that the whole WC experience ruined the symposium for you!! That’s awful. This one sure was a “trip” for you, with all the problems with your ear too, prior to it!

I am glad the symposium will be accessible to us at some point, I would love to hear some of the sessions.

Take Care,
      jdunk