my daughter was just diagnosed with GBS

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2012 at 2:02 am

hi all!! My name is yessica and my 11 year old daughter Ashley was just diagnosed with GBS on Monday… She was hospitallized in ICU and thank god was able to come home today.  Still has weakness in her legs, but was given the IVIG and other tests were done that confirmed the GBS.  It has been very difficult for me to accept and although she will start pt soon and will walk with a brace, I still have a hard time understanding how did she get this….

I am so thankful for a forum like this to come and support each other and just know that we are not alone in this fight.. anyone with grade school children suffering from GBS I would love to hear from you.. my email is couponingnj@yahoo.com ” yes I love couponing and offer a free class to anyone interested” sorry didnt mean to get off topic.. 🙂 thanks all!!!

• GH
      August 30, 2012 at 5:32 pm

The cause of GBS is usually unknown, but it can start with an infection, even one which is subclinical and unnoticed.

It seems a little early to assume she will need a brace for an extended time, because her case seems relatively mild (given her short hospital stay). I think it best at this point to hope for a complete recovery and go into therapy with a positive attitude.

• August 31, 2012 at 2:49 am

My daughter is 11 & has had CIDP since she was 4. I will send an email to you.

Kelly (also a couponer)