My cane, my son, my hero

• Anonymous
      April 15, 2009 at 9:38 pm

You all know how much my Connor means to me. He is the light of my every day. He is this extremely bright, blonde haired boy with big brown eyes and a million dollar smile. He is a very smart 6 yr old boy, the top reader in his class and he has a personality that most boys his age dont have.

Tonite after baseball practice, as we got out of the car, he said, “Mom, dont forget your cane”. I thanked him and asked, “are you ever embarrassed b/c Mommy uses a cane?” He said, “No. I know you use it b/c one of your legs doesnt work right.” I asked him if any of his friends ever tease him.
      He said, “yeah, Zach said, yer Mom uses a cane”…in that voice that kids talk in which they saying ha ha, look at you.

I asked Connor then, “what did you say to Zach”…He said, “I told him he wasnt my best friend anymore”.

Can you say crush my heart ?????????

I told him to remind his little friends that he has the greatest Mom there ever was and is way cooler than any of their Moms will ever be…:p
      And, I thanked him for sticking up for me but let him know it’s ok to still be friends and that people will often tease b/c they just dont understand.
      He was fine with it.

I know now…and what a lesson I have learned. Kids are so cruel…but if my OWN son at 6 years of age can stick up for me for walking into his school with a cane…then, I CAN use it at work.

Add one more reason why I love that child beyond words.:)

His Nana would be soooooooooo proud.

I just had to share my enlightenment…

I hope you all are well.
      Stacey

• April 15, 2009 at 11:13 pm

You are Blessed with a wonderful son. I can totally relate. How lucky are we!
      My Best Regards,
      Lori

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2009 at 8:08 am

I’m very proud…and while I may not REALLY be the best Mom ever…he doesnt need to know that. 🙂

• Anonymous
      April 16, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Stacey

You are Connors “Best mom ever” and thats all that counts!!!!

Give him a big hug and be proud of him for sticking up for you!

Rhonda

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2009 at 2:11 am

Way To Go Conner!!!:cool: Way To Go MOM!!!!:D
      You raised that Boy Well Stacey! What a Sweet Young Man!!

I know how you feel Stacey, I went through the exact situation with my son, and still do. Just wait til you have to deal with the parents, its a whole new ballgame-but it will make you feel like a queen when you win!!:D just make sure you don’t use your cane as a weapon!!! words hurt parents worse!!;)

You Are A SuperCool Mom!!!

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Stacey-Treasure Connor-you will always be a special mom to him. You two will build so many memories—one of my best memories was when my son, Lance, was teased by some of the kids about “his mommy” at one of his events, and he stood up for me and said ” at least she came “. There will be so many proud moments for you, you are really a special mom and Connor is really a very special kid. Blessed wishes to you.
      Emma