My Apologies

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 9:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven’t been around to participate in the forums these past 2 weeks. Been busy getting ready for my son Dan’s #1 wedding next Friday the 20th. Next year should be real crazy with his #2 and #3 weddings and my older son Mike’s wedding. Geez my kids never make my life easy. ๐Ÿ˜€

So many other things have happened too, Dan’s future father-in-law had a stoke this past Monday, so now Nia’s Mom can’t leave him alone in Ecuador. I feel so bad for her, not having her parents here.

On a better note, Marge is doing fantastic, still in rehab and her legs are getting stronger. I think she’ll stay there for another week from what the Drs are saying.

Can you believe she has not tried to escape this time? Actually the Drs are finally listening to her and she feels validated and pretty content to stay and do the rehab this time around. She told me last night she now has an incentive to work hard and be at Danny’s next September wedding.

She will tell you her Dr, fork and meatloaf story when she gets home and back with us here.

I won’t be around for awhile again until this wedding is over next week.

I miss you all.

The Crazed Mother Of The Groom.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 11:32 pm

Donna, please make sure you take care of yourself during these stressful times. i’ve been worried not seeing you on lately!;) give marge a hug and tell her to get numbers and names of those cute pts and drs she sticking around to see soo badly!!!:) congrats to the bride to be and you son, sorry to hear about nia’s father, you all are in my thoughts and prayers. take care!:)

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 11:54 pm

Donna, we miss you, take good care of yourself and come back when you can.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 12:00 am

Three cheers for the Mother of the Groom ๐Ÿ˜€ What an exciting time! I know that you’re having a great and crazy time (and missing Frank) and it will all turn out perfectly wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚ We’ll be waiting for a full report. Oh, and don’t forget to ‘take a deep breath’ now and then ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2006 at 8:26 pm

We love you, Donna! Hope you’re doing well!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2006 at 11:55 pm

Donna,
      I remembered a past post about the weddings, so understood why you haven’t been here. It’s a happy time to help wipe away a few of the tears of sad ones.

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2006 at 9:32 am

Donna,
      I was the Mother of the Bride in September. All that build up and it went so quickly. If those kids don’t get me the wedding photos soon I’ll put coal in thier Christmas stockings. It was a beautiful wedding. Outdoors by a river. Decorated with sunflowers of various colors, curly willow and red osier. Guys all wore dark moss green suits, bridesmaids in espresso. Big reception with great food and drink. We paid for “Washington Apple drinks for all. Tummy!!

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2006 at 1:30 pm

I can hardly wait until Dan and Nia have wedding number 2 and wedding #3, this should be a crazy year coming up for me. In between their other weddings, I have my oldest Mike getting married too.

Here are the dates;

May 27th– Mike and Maria are getting married in Pa. with a big reception party

June 23rd —Dan and Nia and all of the family flying to Ecuador for her family wedding, which should be great, it takes place on the beach.

September 21st –Dan and Nia are renewing wedding vows in my church, then another big reception party.

Do you think I should take out a million dollar loan?:D ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for all the well wishes for Dan and Nia.

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Yep. A million bucks sounds about right. My daughter and her husband attended a wedding of one of her Pepperdine mates. They quit counting at over half a mil. Marriage didn’t last a year. It was all about the show. What a shame. My husband and I are involved with Engaged Encounter, to get people prepared for the marriage, not the wedding. It’s a GREAT program.

Vic

My Apologies

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 8:15 am

Hello All,

I’m sorry for the tone of my posts lately. I don’t think they’ll change much anytime soon so again, sorry about that. I am enduring some of the worst depression and funk I’ve had since CIDP began in 1997-1998. Therefore, after re-reading some of my posts of recent history I realized I have had no tact at all. Please, bear with me through this rough spot.

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 10:14 am

Hi Eric,

For those of us who have known you for a very long time we don’t need an apology. You have been to hell and back many times and we understand your frustrations and venting. You know we listen and try to give everyone emotional support, just as you have done for the other members here.

So vent away and don’t apologize,we care about you.

My love to Kaye and Ethan.

Love Ya

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 11:22 am

Eric,

I am sorry your having a tough time currently, we all definetely go through that now and again. Take good care of yourself and I hope things get better for you soon.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 11:32 am

Hello Eric,
      I would just like to add that when we’ve been on this forum long enough, we build up a “silent understanding” of each other. We know when someone is missing, they are doing well (which is what we pray for) or they need an alone time. We learn how to back off gently or to read “rude” posts as if it were a grain.

There is no need to apologize to those who know you. We are happy you are venting here, rather then keeping it inside yourself.

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 11:35 am

Eric,
      There is no need to apologize. Most of us have gone through the same thing from time to time. Your website was one of the first ones I found when I started looking for information about this terrible illness. I still refer people to you website and even referred a nurse to it. She told me that you were more knowledgeable about CDIP that 99% of the doctors she knows.
      Hang in there and get better soon
      Lea (Larry)

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 12:13 pm

Eric,
      U won’t git any smypthany from me. I’ve been depressed. I still git depressed. Just yesterday I was riding the mule down to the eye doctor. Suddenly, I realized I had hemmorids. I was depressed all day. *sigh* Somedays u don’t even know why. It’s just a stage. Sweep it away with that guitar, watever makes u happy..Just cause u in a funk today, don’t mean u will be in one tomorrow. Don’t worry so much, God’s got it all worked out anyway. Hey, I came up with this thearpy for myself. I started a list of songs to learn. I picked the top drinkin songs, some slow dance songs, and some blues I think I can sing and play.. Out of that bunch I picked the ones I really liked. I practice till my left hand don’t work. It don’t take long. hehe. Then I practice Singin.. So, my neighbors are depressed, not me…..I’m suprised when I wake up in the morning, every day is bonus day, for all of us.
      Heee Hawwww

Ain’t it good to be alive and be in Tennessee.

Hell yeah.

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 4:11 pm

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]No need to apologize, Sir Wallingford! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]With all you’ve been through over the years dealing with your CIDP, and all the [I][U][B]PRICELESS(!!!!!)[/B][/U][/I] advice & information you have given others on the ‘old Forum’, we, your friends, can ‘carry’ you through this funk you’re in. That is the least we can do to help out! So…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [CENTER][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkorchid]:mad: [U]VENT AWAY!!![/U]:mad: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2006 at 4:59 pm

Dear Eric:

If we can’t muster a little understanding and compassion for our fellow sufferers, then we don’t have much business being here. Your posts weren’t all that negative, there have been far worse from some who’s problems pale compared to yours. Please remember that you are among friends, so we will be understanding.

Lee