Moving to Tennessee Need New Neuro

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I am moving to the Johnson City, TN area and wondered if anyone knew of a reputable neurologist who is familiar with CIDP.  I have had great care here in NH since I was first diagnosed in 2006.  I also seem to be hitting a road block where temporary housing is concerned.  It seems all the places that I call are either full, cost too much or won’t accept my furry little buddy (cat named Ivy).  🙁

• GH
      February 20, 2013 at 12:18 am

How far are you willing to travel? The most experienced neurologists are likely to be associated with Vanderbilt University in Nashville, which is a Neurology Center of Excellence. Winston-Salem, NC might be another option. Neither of these is close to Johnson City. If you need a local neurologist, and your need is not urgent, why not just interview neurologists in the area after you get settled?

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2013 at 1:06 am

Hi GH,

Because of my infusions that I have every 28 days and my other health issues, I will need someone fairly soon.  I didn’t want to have to travel hours…I was hoping to be able find someone closer.  I appreciate the information and I may have to just do as you suggested which is interview doctors right away.  🙂  Thank you.

• GH
      February 20, 2013 at 1:13 am

Since you’ve been treated for awhile, you have a long-term treatment plan. If it’s been working out for you, I think you’re in a much better position than if you were still looking for a suitable treatment for your case. You just need to continue what you’ve been doing, at least for awhile, unless you are having problems and don’t yet have the answers.

• GH
      February 20, 2013 at 1:23 am

Also, you might consider Kingsport, which would give you more choices. Ther is an established practice there which treats peripheral neuropathies:

http://www.assocneurotn.com/index.html

I have no experience with any doctors in that area, however.

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2013 at 1:38 am

That is quite helpful, GH….thanks so much!

• Anonymous
      February 20, 2013 at 1:39 am

You are right too about being in a better position having a long term plan.  🙂