Moving to Fla. soon, ONE GIANT STEP FOR LIZ

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Hello family,
      I will be moving to central Florida very soon now and tomorrow I have to unplug my computer so it can be packed for shipping.
      Do you guys and gals know what an enormous step this is for me, someone in a wheelchair! An extension was put on the home I am selling and was made completely accessible. My new home is not accessible, the one thing that makes it so is that it’s ground level. I remember the first two years of CIDP I couldn’t even step over the lip of a shower. Now I feel secure that I can figure out how to use a “normal made” shower and how to do other things. I think I will benefit from things being harder for me to reach or use. I feel confident that I am up to the challenge and might start improving again because I must make myself do more on my feet. I can stand for hours as long as I’m holding onto something sturdy. I can move forward with my life again, five years of worrying, the stress and sleepless nights of caring for my mother are behind me. She’s safe in God’s arms. Those BIG/little improvements I used to post may return.
      My failsafe is that if living alone turns out to be something I can’t handle, I can move over to the assisted living apartments.

It might take me a month before I can get my computer set up and running and when it is, I do want to post photos of my new home.

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Hi Liz
      It sounds like you have come a long way and going even futher.
      Good luck
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Hi Liz, Good luck on your move to sunny no snow Florida from a Michiganer.:) I am in love with my walk in shower though-no more balance, tripping, energy wasting issues for me. Take it easy and look forward to seeing your pictures of your new home. Emma

• July 9, 2008 at 5:38 pm

Liz,
      What a great report!! It sounds like you are doing wonderful, you sound happy and excited even though you are nervous. About the assisted living, is it a gov. senior set up? If so, you might want to get on the list now even though things are good. I know in Chicago, there is a 5 year waiting list! So happy things are going well!
      Dawn

• July 9, 2008 at 9:32 pm

The sun always shines in Florida, Liz!! I am so happy you are confident in your choices – I can hear it in your voice,eh,typing! Let us know how you like the new place!

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Liz,
      Welcome to Florida. It’s true that the sun always shines someplace in Florida. Some days we get liquid sunshine. :rolleyes:

Jim C

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 7:44 am

[FONT=Georgia]Wishing you the best on your move Liz, hey wish I was in that area, I’d hook your computer up for you. Or even help you with getting moved in I’d be happy to do it, Like I said Wishing you the best on everything.[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 11:23 am

Liz,

What an exciting new chapter in your life. You sound so eager to get on with this new phase. I envy your gutsy attitude. Be sure to stop by the tavern for a goodbye drink and be sure to stop in when you get to Florida so we can toast your new digs!

Hugs and love…

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Hi family,
      I’ll be unplugging my computer tomorrow, July 11th, today I’m packing the last minute things. My brain must know I’m doing the right thing because I don’t have that knot in my stomach.

Terry, if I knew you’d do it, I’d say “come on down” because I’m already feeling the withdrawal symptoms knowing I have to do without my computer, but I do have the name of someone in the retirement community who can help me.

When I have my new computer running and I’m back on the forum, just click on my name to come for a visit. Lots of fun things to do. You have family to visit when that snow and cold start.

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 1:04 pm

Liz,

Best wishes on your move ! You sure have had a full plate…hoping this new leaf with be a pleasant one with many good new things to endure.

I am trying to plan a trip to disney world sometime next year…I forgot what part of FL you are moving to….?

Best of luck,

Stacey

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Hi Liz,

Good travels to you! I am envious as I used to love an adventure of this sorts. Would love to think I could come your way some day… I think you will need to do a mass mailing through the foundation for a Welcome Home party ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sounds like lots of us want to be in Florida ๐Ÿ˜€

Take care and I look forward to your next post!

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2008 at 1:40 am

Hey Liz, I can hardly wait for your next post! I want to “hear all about it”. Safe travel and hugs for strength and encouragement ๐Ÿ™‚