More Q.

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 8:46 pm

Sorry But I Have A Lot Of Questions And I Need Your Help: I Came Back Home In 6/15 I’m Not Taking Any Kind Of Vitamins; Do I Have To Take It For Better Recover? And I Need Your Opinion About This: In 8/15 Is Going To Be My Son’s Birthday And We Have Plans To Go Out There. Only Problem Is A 30 Hrs. Trip Driving, And I Don’t Know If Is A Good Idea Even If I Don’t Drive And Stop As Much As We Need??

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Any activity you should recover within 12 to 18 hours because if you don’t then you did to much. Also nerve pain pills. If you have nerve pain then you should be on nerve pain medication there is lots but the most commonly used is Neurontin Lyrica Cymbalta and others.
      Rest is very important if you feel like you are relapsing it maybe because you didn’t rest enough. Pace yourself. I can’t tell you about the 30hrs of driving but I am sure others will be happy to help you answer all your questions

Enjoy your trip

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 10:23 pm

Herbert, only you can answer the traveling question. You might want to take a few short trips between now and then, just to see how far you can go comfortable before you need to stop. If you take a couple of days to drive the 30 hour drive, you might do better then trying to do it all at once. The more you rest in between the better you will feel. Rest is very important for recovery. There isn’t anything you can take to make recovery go faster, sorry. Eating a balanced diet and drinking plenty of filtered water is the best next to rest. There are no miracle cures for gbs. GBS stands for Getting Better Slowly! Small steps are actually big steps towards recovery with gbs. Take care.

• Anonymous
      July 16, 2007 at 10:37 pm

Herbert,

Ditto Sue and Cheryl. However, If you are still suffering from symptoms, I would probably have to say that if you can get out of the trip, that you do so. If you find that you are weak, in pain and are still in the recovery stage, it may actually be a nightmare trip and you may not have an enjoyable birthday visit. I know how hard it is trying to make a choice like this, but sometimes it just isnt worth trying to do something like this until such time as you are confident that you can deal with the long journey and the stress – which is a lot, even though you are not driving.