More bad news

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2008 at 6:55 pm

I just learned today that I am in the very near future going to begin receiving dialysis for my failing kidneys and am going to be put on the list for a possible kidney transplant. I already had in 2005 a heart transplant, which triggered probable GBS with total paralysis (no definitive diagnosis because paralysis set in while I was in the midst of a two-month coma). Spent six months in the ICU, another three months of inpatient p.t. and almost two years now of outpatient p.t. Still extremely fatigued, no balance, no reflexes, tingling and constant pain in extremities. I have to have a melanoma removed Wednesday 9/8. My favorite quotation is from Mother Teresa: “I know God isn’t going to put on me more than I can stand, but sometimes I certainly wish He didn’t think I was so strong.” Today I certainly agree with her.

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2008 at 7:00 pm

Im so sorry youre going through this! Please keep us updated!
      Great quote and so true!!

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Hi Jim! Bless your heart! You too have been through so much! I will pray very hard for you and me both and hopefully our Mother Teresa will answer both of our prayers.
      Please keep us posted about your condition. The more of us that pray for you, hopefully a true miracle will happen in your favor!

• September 5, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Jim,
      So sorry to hear of this journey you are on. I will pray that God gives you stregnth for whatever it is you need.
      Fondly,
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2008 at 10:07 pm

I hearby nominate you for miracle man or maybe a real live Energizer bunny. I know that it is really hard to have had to face so many extremely serious challanges, but on the other side, it is awesome that you have. I think Mother Teresa’s statement is almost saying the same thing. We all wish and pray that you keep moving forward on your journey in life.
      WithHope

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2008 at 10:37 pm

Jim, I’m sorry to hear you have sooo many mountains in your path of Life. You most certainly have gotten over the tallest ones already, keep up the Great attitude. I love that quote!!! My Prayers are with you!! Take care.

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Jim, my prayers are with you.
      My mom always told me, “tomorrow is a better day”…

well wishes,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2008 at 6:02 pm

Jim,
      So sorry for all you are facing. Keep your chin up. You are in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2008 at 8:41 pm

Jim, you will be in my prayers for all that you have been through and what you will face in the future.
      God Bless You
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2008 at 5:28 am

Hi Jim! Hope you are having a much brighter day today and am feeling okay! Still saying those prayers for you! Hugs

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2008 at 11:15 am

Hi Jim!

Your strangth is amazing! You are one tough cookie, mister:cool: Yu just keep on keepin’ on, and we’ll be your entourage, in a protective circle all around you:cool:

Hangin there buddy!

Jamie

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Jim, you have made it thus far…let God carry you some of the way. You will make it through this. Have faith. We are all here pulling for you. Let us know if you need anything from any of us.

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2008 at 3:05 pm

Jim-God helps you take it one step at a time, one day at a time. I will be praying for you. All my best to you. We are a family……Emma

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2008 at 10:45 pm

Thanks to all of you who for your prayers and concerns. I have spent most of the past two days on various websites reading about rental disease and dialysis. I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to agree right away to dialysis, because once it begins it is something which must be continued for life. After reading mostly material from the National Kidney Foundation and for John Hopkins Hospital, which is a major kidney research center, I have decided to make radical changes in my diet which I believe will at least delay if not eliminate the need for dialysis. Just like GBS, I believe it is something with which I can life.

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2008 at 2:14 am

I support your decision to try other things before jumping into dialysis. Of course, I don’t have to tell you to be careful. You already know that. Actually, I just talked to a man this weekend who was on dialysis and ended up it was an antibiotic that was making him so sick. He said it was a life-long antibiotic prescribed by his urologist. He was a stranger, so i didnt pry into his health problems, but assume the drug had something to do with urinary health? For 4 months, he was totally confused, violent, delusional and in kidney failure. His wife ended up re-reading the pamphlet from from the pharmacy and recognized the list of adverse reactions were all showing up in her husband. She refused to allow him to take anymore, told the nephrologist, and he agreed. He had since totally recovered and is no longer on dialysis. See, there is nothing wrong with thinking for ourselves! I’d say, just stay in close contact with your nephrologist and follow your head and heart. I’m prayin’ for ya! And keepin’ my fingers crossed, too!;)

Geez, I wish they would have been able to remember the name of that antibiotic. I’m so curious! And to think he was supposed to take it for the rest of his life! Whew! Thanks to God for that stranger who told me his story! I’m so happy for him and his family!

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2008 at 8:48 pm

Jim,

I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you yet. Your a very inspirational man, you will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this. Please take care and keep us posted.

Jerimy