monday’s the big day

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 9:15 am

hi all! i posted a few weeks ago that a lump in my neck was found back in february. there was originally a lymphoma scare, due to the liver meds. i’m on. the m.r.i. showed a tumor on my perotid gland (saliva gland). it’s about the size of an egg now and my suergery will be monday. he’s 99% sure it’s NOT malignant. i sorta tuned out the doc when he mentioned having to expose my facial nerves and peeling my skin back. i’m very confident with this surgeon. not only is he an e.n.t. specislist, but also specializes in oncology and plastic surgery. should have approx. 120 stitches. i’m staying overnight because with my immune system being as crappy as it is, he doesn’t want to send me home with the drains in my neck. please all say a prayer for me. i’m a little freaked about this one.
      love to all,
      deb

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 9:18 am

Deb, You are in My thoughts and Prayers! You’ll come through it with flying colors! Big Hugs!

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 10:58 am

Deb,

I know that this is a very scary time for you and will definitely be saying a prayer for you as well as thinking of you on Monday. Let us know how things went when you get out.

• July 13, 2007 at 11:09 am

Deb good luck to you and I will be praying for you!
      Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 11:26 am

Hi Deb, Had same surgery 5 years ago, It was a very easy simple procedure. One night in hospital, no pain cant see scar peace of cake, sending you good thoughts. Fear not………..Gene

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 2:10 pm

Hello Deb,
      You will be in my prayers throughout the day on Monday. We know it’s not so easy to do, but try to keep the thoughts about the procedure blocked and just put yourself in your doctor’s hands. They are a gift from God. Angels will watch over you.

[IMG]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4460/prayingangelat7.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 3:54 pm

Good luck Deb.

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2007 at 12:31 am

Best of luck and my thoughts are with you. It might not sound very pleasant but if you are only staying overnight it must be considered relatively minor (by the doctors not you I’m sure) I hope the news is all good. Stay positive.

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2007 at 4:55 pm

Hi Deb: I wish you the best and will be thinking of you. Hopefully all will go well and all the news will be good. Jeff

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 4:22 am

Deb my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 11:01 am

[B]Hi Deb,

Prayers, Good Thoughts, Bug Hugs and anything else you need coming your way.[/B]

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 12:29 pm

I had the same surgery about 20 yrs ago too except mine was the Submandibular Gland. Mine got pretty big too and it hurt.
      They took it out through my mouth though, under my jaw bone.
      I had a lot of swelling afterward but not much pain.
      I went home the same day with an ice pack for the swelling.
      It went down by about 3 days and I have never had a problem again.
      Trudy, natesmom

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2007 at 11:15 pm

Deb,
      Of course this is scarey. Anything invasive is and you are justified in feeling nervous. Just remember as you are going under that you are greatly supported by all of us here and I am sure by your friends and family. Remember to breathe and visualize a smooth transition from procedure to healing recovery. I will be doing the same for you as well.
      Linda