Met with new neuro

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I wanted to thank you for offering different options/just being here. Ms. Liz had especially been so good””

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2009 at 10:32 pm

this site has been intramental in finding neurologists for me as well. the only neuro to come close to a diagnosis was one recommended to me on this site. Now I am holding out for Ken’s neuro because he seems to have specific experience with CIDP where as most neuros have never had the pleasure of seeing one of us up close and we are like sasquach to them. they have heard we exist but no one has every seen one.

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I’m really glad to hear your appointment went well & you have a Plan B if you need to use it.

I really do hope your neuro is receptive to what you have to say about those nurses. I was telling Emily’s nurse about some of the things you’ve been through & she was absolutely astonished that those nurses still have jobs. So you KNOW you are in the right with what you will tell the dr about them.

Good luck & let us know what he says.
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2009 at 10:00 pm

One good appointment can lead to many good things.

Here’s lookin at you kid !!

• Anonymous
      December 4, 2009 at 8:13 pm

all those ducks in line! You never know if/when you will need them!
      What I truly I look at it all for is to see if the office is well run? The doctor is petty much on schedule? Are the staff polite to patients and vice-versa? Frustration vibes in an office are indications of deeper practice problems!
      My own neuro often runs late but he always takes TIME to explain, discuss and elaborate on treatments/problems and I know that he does that for Each PATIENT! So If I get there on time? I expect usually a 20-60 minute wait for my turn. He’s taking more time with someone else who needs it more than I do at this point. I do not mind a bit. When I truly need to discuss issues with him? He listens…really listens! I count my blessings and luck every single day I am able to get out of bed on my OWN!
      Besides finding a ‘personality’ that you can relate to and/or trust goes far. If you can’t connect in any way w/a doc? You are going to have problems in the future…no way around it. Just getting by is hard enough. Keep at it and fight your way out of that paper bag! You know what I mean.

• December 5, 2009 at 10:17 am

Thrilled with the news. Congrats Limekat.

It’s amazing what a good neuro can do for you (and what one that’s not so good can do to compound what we go through).

My current neuro is wonderful, listens, encourages, is my advocate and is walking this journey with me.

Here’s hoping your journey continues going well.

Gary