Meet Linda H! Since so many of us are chatting with each other I thought I would add

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Hello everyone! It’s a pleasure meeting you all in here. I have really enjoyed meeting everynbody and having the sharing along with caring about each other in here. This seems to be a very nice site. Have met some very wonderful people. I have a few faces in here and it’s nice to see the person I am talking too I decided to show you myself and my family. Am adding a second section! So please come back to check on!

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic1.jpg[/IMG]

This is me when I was very young. Very skinny and fragile but had my youth. In my early 20’s. Only weighed 90 pounds back then.

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic2.jpg[/IMG]
      Another photo of me in my early 20’s! Sure wish I could bring my youth back and have the skinnies again!

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic3.jpg[/IMG]

Then in my early 30’s, I got sick with Lupus and here is what prednisone did to me! Moon face weight gain! That is my mother and father with my son back then. Him in his long hair. I tried my best working with my son back then keeping him on the right path. But we know how teens can be!

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic4.jpg[/IMG]

The next set of pictures coming up in a few seconds

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2008 at 5:58 pm

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic5.jpg[/IMG]
      He got his haircut for his graduation. Whew! This is my husband beside me! Back on prednisone again but lowering dosage and was loosing weight again.
      [IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic6.jpg[/IMG]
      This was me 6 years ago right before my father died. He was Retired Army Sergeant. No longer as slim as I was many years back.
      [IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic7.jpg[/IMG]
      My 3 children: Christie, Rob and Cheri. Christie is now a Social Worker with 2 children. Rob is in the United States Navy and Cheri my baby is a School Teacher.
      [IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic8.jpg[/IMG]
      My son no longer has long hair and is in the United State Navy and works on a Nuclear Submarine. :0( He just got called back and has just left to go on 6 month sea duty. His wife Kate!

One more photo coming up in next section. My babies!

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2008 at 6:03 pm

And here are my two little messes! My grandbabies Haley and Hana! My pride and joy. Never thought I would live to see this day! But I did! And when I see them I have joy of having two beautiful grandchildren.
      [IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn407/LynetteHarrison/pic9.jpg[/IMG]
      Well I guess that’s all! Just wanted to share a little bit about me to you all. Since I have gotten to see photo’s of many in here. I decided to let you meet me in person!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2008 at 6:28 pm

Linda,
      How great was that. I loved it. It does make it easier to put a face with someone your conversing with.
      Thanks,

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2008 at 8:06 pm

Thank-you Cathy! My two little babies there are a mess in this world. Hana the smallest one is a cat bird! LOL! Into everything and likes to pick on Haley! Can’t keep still a minute. But both are very loving and so sweet. They are spoiled rotten! Everytime they get to come and spend the night with me and my husband they know we take them to Walmart and Haley loves pretty clothes. I end up buying them new stuff everytime. I can only keep them 1 night but would love to have them more often. My illness gets in the way. I have to wait until I feel good then call my daughter and let her know I am wanting them a night. She brings them to me and picks them up the next day. Summer is better keeping them because they get in the pool and play outside giving me better entertainment. In the winter, I have to have the cartoons ready! Thanks for the compliment!

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 10:32 am

Linda:

Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourself with us. Somehow you seem more real to me. You have a wonderful family.

Lee

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 12:05 pm

How exciting to see who’s been “hiding” behind LindaH and see the family, too. Of course, my favorite is the photo of the grandkids. They are so cute. Don’t you wish they would always stay that age?
      thanks for sharing.

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 12:05 pm

Linda, you’re right! I do feel like I know who you are now.
      Thanks for sharing your family.
      Love those grand babies! I have 3. Between my 2 daughters they have graced us with a one, two and three year old with a baby due in Oct.
      Love it! It is the reason I spent the summer pushing for answers with my health issues. Definitely want to be able to chase those little darlings around.

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 6:14 pm

Thank-you Lee, Norb and Jaydee! Yes it does make a difference when you meet a person in here. I have seen alot of the photo’s where Ken has the Photo Share. So many nice people! Yes! Those grandbabies of mine have been a joy having. They grow to fast to quick and too soon. My son the oldest and my baby daughter still have not had children yet, so I know there will be more in the future. Can’t wait to see that happen too! Just can’t believe that my children are all grown now! Makes me feel old here! But at least I get to see part of them living their own lives and how well they did for themselves.
      I worry about one child more than the rest. My son! He works on a nuclear submarine and everytime something goes on unstable in our world he gets shipped out. He was on shore duty for a while and was stationed in San Diego. Then had a leave for a few weeks and then got called out to Sea again.
      Worst part! We never get to know where he is located. So when he leaves for the sea, I don’t get to hear from him a good 6 months. I’m proud of my children. They all did well for themselves. But you still worry about them! Thank-you for the compliments!

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Hello from Norway, Linda!

Thanks for sharing yourself and your family with us, it’s so nice to see the person behind the name, and know that there is a life behind the illness too, a life that makes it all worth while (that’s why I find the Lighter Side Forum so interesting and important, and spend most of the time there nowadays).

I can relate to what you say about having grandchild(ren) over to stay the night on their own. We’ve just had the issue up for debate, Hubby and I, and since Hubby says he only want to have William over if there is some sort of crisis, I can only envy the other grandparents for having him for a week-end all to themselves, because I still don’t have the energy to take care of him for more than an hour or two at a time. But he’ll grow older, and I might get more energy as time goes by, so in the meantime I’ll just have to face the facts and don’t let it get to me (:( )
      Thanks for letting me vent, Linda! Here are some flowers for you; phloxes from my garden:

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3222/2756576918_82c9e34d8d.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Hello Allaug! The flowers are beautiful! You certainly have the gardening touch! My husband has to help me with them most of the time. My daughter normally brings them over on a Friday after she gets off from work. I already have the dinner done and it’s close to bedtime, so that makes it easy handling them. Of course they end up sleeping in our bed with us instead of their room I have for them. Then after they go to sleep me and my husband switch rooms so we can sleep okay.We have two recliners in my den and both liked being rocked. Saturday morning they wake up and get their baths then we have breakfast and off we go to Walmart! After Walmart we hit McDonalds and they get to play in the playground area. Then we get home and we all lay down and take nappy. Both sleep about 2 hours which helps us get some rest. We wake up and then go outside and play on the toys or go in the pool. Then after the pool we get ready for going home. So we get them dressed and off they go to my daughter again.
      Hana the smallest one like’s to do kissies all day. Hugs and kissies. I normally end up with slobber all over my face! LOL! But it’s sweet slobber! She’s a mess though. Full of energy! Then when they leave, I normally have to rest up a good 3 days and get my energy back! LOL!
      I don’t where they get their energy. Wished they could give me some of that energy. Both together are a handful. I used to only take one at a time, but the other one would throw a fit and give my daughter a hard time. Crying for Nana the entire night. So now I have to take them as a package deal! We have kind of developed a system that works best for me and my husband. And my daughter knows how unpredictable I can be with my illness. So she knows when I call her early that I am having a hard time. And she picks them up with no problems or hurt feelings. She know’s that I am sick and understands. So we have a good relationship on that issue.
      So great meeting you! I saw one of your postings about doing some canning of food. I too love to can stuff! Taste much better and we know where iit came from! Saw alot of your photos in Photo Share that Ken started. Very beautiful place you live at!
      Thank-you for the nice compliments and I do hope that you get well enough to be able to enjoy your grandchild too. It’s not easy though! The older you get the harder it gets! Plus being sick does not help either! But I am going to enjoy them as long as I can!
      A big Cybey Hug heading your way! 😉

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2008 at 11:23 pm

What wonderful pictures. I do not know how to do the pictures. Maybe some day I will learn, but then again I am the caretaker. Would be nice for a picture of both of us.
      Anyway I love grandchildren and fortunately for me I am not the one sick however they are in Ohio and we are in Tennessee.\\

We have 5 of them. Our son has 2 boys-ages 2 and 5. Our daughter has one boy llyears old and 2 girls, one 7 and one 8. The last ones to visit was our son and daughter-in-law and the 2 year old kept saying “I’m in Tennessee.”He was so proud of himself saying Tennessee. He is so cute. Every one of them are special and although I no longer live close to them when they come it is just wonderful

Well off to Cleveland Clinic tomorrow for that long waited 2nd opinion.
      Will check back when we get back home.

Love those grandbabies
      Nana(Joanf)

• Anonymous
      August 23, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Hi Joan! Good to hear from you again! I hope everything went well at Cleveland Clinic. Have you in my thoughts and prayers today! Yes! Those little ones are special having. So glad you got to see a few of them just recently. Let me know how things went at the clinic and I hope it was good news and not bad news! Hugs