Medical Marijuana

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2011 at 10:31 am

I was wondering if anybody is taking IVIG “Immune Globulin” and also uses marijuana for pain. I spoke to my Dr and he is willing to fill out the proper forms so it would be legal to possess, I was just wondering if anybody has had any side effects…Thanks Kyle

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Kyle:
      I take IVIG, but because marijuana is not legal for medical purposes here in Pennsylvania, I do not use it, of course. However, I have heard that it is useful for the pain associated with CIDP; the main side effects are drowsiness, some short term memory issues, and weight gain. Or so I have been told.;)

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2011 at 4:30 pm

The weight gain would be Great.

medical marijuana

• Anonymous
      January 25, 2010 at 9:07 pm

just want to know if any one from new jersey knows anything about us being able to get the marijuana ???????????????????/

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 6:59 am

Am sure you could get it but check the law in your state. People get prosecuted in uk for medicinal use cos the politicians are too busy filling in their expenses forms. Big scandal in UK.

Am sure you’d get arrested in US too. You could ask Oliver North where to get it:) He’d know !

Its all about politics even health care – big time.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 10:42 am

[I]this will tell you which states have passed medical marijuana laws … and which have not.[/I]

[url]http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/viewresource.asp?resourceID=000881[/url]

1. Alaska 1998 Ballot Measure 8 (58%) $25/$20 1 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature) Unknown *
      2. California 1996 Proposition 215 (56%) $66/$33 8 oz usable; 18 plants (6 mature, 12 immature)** No
      3. Colorado 2000 Ballot Amendment 20 (54%) $90 2 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature) No
      4. Hawaii 2000 Senate Bill 862 (32-18 House; 13-12 Senate) $25 3 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature) No
      5. Maine 1999 Ballot Question 2 (61%) *** 2.5 oz usable; 6 plants Yes
      6. Michigan 2008 Proposal 1 (63%) $100/$25 2.5 oz usable; 12 plants Yes
      7. Montana 2004 Initiative 148 (62%) $25/$10 1 oz usable; 6 plants Yes
      8. Nevada 2000 Ballot Question 9 (65%) $150 + 1 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature) No
      10. New Jersey 2010 Senate Bill 119 (48-14 House; 25-13 Senate) **** 2 oz usable Unknown
      9. New Mexico 2007 Senate Bill 523 (36-31 House; 32-3 Senate) $0 6 oz usable; 16 plants (4 mature, 12 immature) No
      11. Oregon 1998 Ballot Measure 67 (55%) $100/$20 24 oz usable; 24 plants (6 mature, 18 immature) No
      12. Rhode Island 2006 Senate Bill 0710 (52-10 House; 33-1 Senate) $75/$10 2.5 oz usable; 12 plants Yes
      13. Vermont 2004 Senate Bill 76 (22-7) HB 645 (82-59) $50 2 oz usable; 9 plants (2 mature, 7 immature) No
      14. Washington 1998 Initiative 692 (59%) ***** 24 oz usable; 15 plants No

[Editor’s note: All 14 states require proof of residency to be considered a qualifying patient for medical marijuana use. Karen O’Keefe, JD, Director of State Policies for Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), told ProCon.org in a Jan. 19, 2010 email that “Patients and their caregivers can cultivate in 13 of the 14 states. Home cultivation is not allowed in New Jersey and a special license is required in New Mexico.”]

II. Two states have passed laws that, although favorable towards medical marijuana,
      did not legalize its use:

State Year Passed Provision
      1. Arizona 1996 Allows physicians to prescribe marijuana (federal law prohibits physicians from prescribing Schedule I drugs)
      2. Maryland 2003 Allows medical use defense in court

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I’d imagine anyone growing the mary jane must do it inside if its legal in their state. In my neighborhood, the kids would figure it out and take it if it were outside. LOL.

I support the use of the drug for sure. Even for non medical use. In Canada,
      getting drug tested is a violation of civil rights. No preemployment, random or post accident testing. Huh, and we buy products from them Like
      Jet Engines and aircraft and safety sensitive products etc. Go Figure.
      –tim

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 5:36 pm

As a Canadian I am eligible for medical mj. I tried it for a while but it was not all the effective..I would have to smoke it non stop all day to get any value.
      Talked to my Dr. about it he said there is a reason we donèt use it any more..it is too short lived and we have better stuff available. Not to mention it is very hard on the lungs. Also at the time my teenage son was battling a drug problem and I felt like a hypocrite!! It also made me lethargic and put on weight..just was not worth it for me.

Sonia

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Not sure about this, as it was prior to Reagan (and his “Just Say No” fiasco) the last time I used, but even if it’s not legal for medicinal use, isn’t it decriminalized in most states? If so, and you got caught, the max penalty would be the equivalent of a speeding ticket. I know this was the case in Colorado when I was a teenager.
      I live in Utah…I know better than to even THINK that it will ever be allowed for medicinal purposes in this state!! Hell, I can hardly buy coffee without getting “glances”. 🙂

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm

i guess what i was asking is if our illness falls under the guidelines to get a rx for it.

• Anonymous
      January 26, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I have been prescribed Marinol. It is medicinal marijuana in gel cap form that is legal in all 50 States. Take with care! You will be useless for hours!

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I guess you should ask your dr. He/she would know if you qualify for it.

I believe it is prescribed for MS patients. I know Montel Williams was caught with it a few years ago at an airport.

It is now legal in MI for medical purposes. I think you are supposed to have a permit to grow it for yourself.

Back in the early 80’s my uncle Gary had leukemia. He was allowed to smoke it in his hospital room. Of course my other uncle & my dad would bring it in for him & they would “help” him get rid of it. The hospital had no problem with it apparently.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Hi Diane,
      See if your doctor can write you a script for Marinol.
      This is the pure form of Marijuana, THC, in a pill form.
      I have been taking it for years now, and now my doctor is forcing
      me to take at least one per day, at 4pm, since my weight is in a
      nosedive and getting closer to where a feeding tube may be needed,
      all from the chemo I have been on, Cytoxan, for the past 3 years.

When I first got them, my script reads to take one to three, up to three times per day.
      So I took one–it did take some nausea away, gave me some munchies, kinda makes you forget about your pain, and slight euphoria.
      So the next day I took two—YES-a definite HIGH, and you definitely forget about any type of pain.
      So, the next day I took three–FORGET IT–you become a vegetable, and watch TV just watching the colors, la la la…yeah-totally stoned. Don’t go there.

If your doc can write the prescription, and the pharmacy can fill it, then don’t worry about a thing.
      Ken
      (KEDASO)

• Anonymous
      January 27, 2010 at 11:12 pm

[QUOTE=KEDASO]Hi Diane,
      See if your doctor can write you a script for Marinol.
      This is the pure form of Marijuana, THC, in a pill form.
      I have been taking it for years now, and now my doctor is forcing
      me to take at least one per day, at 4pm, since my weight is in a
      nosedive and getting closer to where a feeding tube may be needed,
      all from the chemo I have been on, Cytoxan, for the past 3 years.

When I first got them, my script reads to take one to three, up to three times per day.
      So I took one–it did take some nausea away, gave me some munchies, kinda makes you forget about your pain, and slight euphoria.
      So the next day I took two—YES-a definite HIGH, and you definitely forget about any type of pain.
      So, the next day I took three–FORGET IT–you become a vegetable, and watch TV just watching the colors, la la la…yeah-totally stoned. Don’t go there.

If your doc can write the prescription, and the pharmacy can fill it, then don’t worry about a thing.
      Ken
      (KEDASO)[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!!! I have been taking it for a few months for my CIDP pain because no other meds were working. I told my doctor in passing that I wish I lived in California fo I could get it prescribed. He told me about Marinol and warned me of the munchies……. He gave me a prescription. I have taken it and find that I am rendered useless. It takes me back to the days of Captain Crunch and mayo sandwiches, only I am not a carefree college kids anymore, but an adult with too many people dependant on me……….. I have lost my edge. Even with all the other medications given to me for this condition including heavy narcotics, Marinol seems to be the one that works best, only thing is that I can’t work or function when on it……… Good news is that it is legal in all states!:cool:

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2010 at 2:15 am

[QUOTE=Diane]just want to know if any one from new jersey knows anything about us being able to get the marijuana ???????????????????/[/QUOTE]

It’s funny you asked this question. The Legislation passed the use of medicinal marijuana in New Jersey yesterday! It will be available by prescription only to all New Jersey residents by July, 2010. If it works for you, go for it!:) The timing couldn’t be better!

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2010 at 1:32 pm

[QUOTE=hopalong]As a Canadian I am eligible for medical mj. I tried it for a while but it was not all the effective..I would have to smoke it non stop all day to get any value.
      Talked to my Dr. about it he said there is a reason we donèt use it any more..it is too short lived and we have better stuff available. Not to mention it is very hard on the lungs. Also at the time my teenage son was battling a drug problem and I felt like a hypocrite!! It also made me lethargic and put on weight..just was not worth it for me.

Sonia[/QUOTE]

As for it being bad for the lungs…there is a device, called a vaporizor, which pretty much eliminates the “bad” and what you are left with, the vapor, ahhh the vapor lol, helps greatly. Really all the bad stuff is left…none of the mj gets burned up…it just looks like all of the color gets sucked out of it.

• Anonymous
      January 30, 2010 at 7:45 pm

thanks for the help, i am on nurotion and loritab for the pain, get IVIG every 4 weeks. im so tird and just cant seem to get rid of the pain. so sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!