medical maijuana

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2007 at 2:15 pm

I have a good friend who lives in ca. uses maijuana with doctors prescription for pain..he swears it helps his pain a lot ????? he has ms and lots of other painful stuff. just curious anyone else tried it?? gg

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2007 at 2:26 pm

I do have friends that have chronic pain & they say that the marijuana does help them feel better. My uncle died of Luekemia in the early 80’s and his dr’s told my dad to smoke it with him to help him with the nausea from his chemo.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2007 at 3:49 pm

The CIDPers I know who’ve tried cannabis say it doesn’t help much with pain. From what I understand, cannabis affects the central nervous system (which is why it helps with MS) while CIDP pain is caused by peripheral nerve damage. But one of the CIDPers mentioned that, although he still hurt, when using cannabis he didn’t care!

Deb

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Good one, I should have said DO YOU KNOW anyone who tried it….

• Anonymous
      March 17, 2007 at 5:31 pm

🙂 🙂 Good one, I should have said DO YOU KNOW anyone who tried it….

• Anonymous
      March 21, 2007 at 9:23 am

Maybe it doesn’t help with the pain but it does relax you and maybe that is why in some ways helps. At least that is what my daughter has said. And for a few minutes you don’t have to think about how different your life has changed. I say if it helps in anyway go for it.

• Anonymous
      October 7, 2007 at 2:12 pm

medical marijuana not legal here, but out of desperation i got it the old fashioned way:eek: it made my legs worse- the tingling was 3 times more intense so I don’t use it anymore.