medi-port II

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 7:06 am

Hi, everyone – If you remember, I asked about med-ports about six weeks ago. I’d had an appointment with the surgeon who was scheduled to put one in for me, and the warnings about infection, blood clots, maintenence etc. were overwhelming – The input from members here was REALLY helpful and my BardPort was inserted 6/29 – just as all said, “…a piece of cake…” and I concur, given that I have also had a temporary catheter and a perma-cath put in. I did have a small dose of versaid and floated in and out during procedure.
      The port was used on July 5, 6 and 7 for 6 hours each time – what an easy way to go! Bluangel’s description of sterile technique was very close to what the oncology nurses at my infusion center used –I think I will be joining the ranks of advocates for this type of IVIg delivery. Coming up to the two year anniversary of regular IVIg infusions, I now think I could/should have had this done a year ago – oh well, ANYWAY, thanks to all for input and support – this is a great place! Bonney

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 5:16 pm

Glad to hear everything went well…

[COLOR=”Red”][B]TOLD YA SO !!![/B][/COLOR]

:p

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2006 at 9:04 pm

Bonney,
      I am so happy to hear from you that all went well. I knew it would. I’ve had my port for 3 1/2 years now, and it is so easy. Even a bonus is that when blood tests are required, they can be done through the same port just prior to the infusion. No more needles for blood tests. I was sure your fear was much worse than the operation. ! Good girl .
      Mary Ann