MECSS – anyone know this variant?

• Anonymous
      December 1, 2006 at 10:03 am

Someone I know just told me that she has MECSS, and I have been trying to find something about it, but I have not succeeded. She says it sounds a lot like my case.

Does any of you know it? What are the specific symptoms?

Please do not hesitate if you have the slightest idea!

Sorry, I seem to have posted this in the wrong forum. How can I move it?

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2006 at 11:14 am

The only thing that I know is that it has something to do with neuromuscular.

Other then that I really never heard of MECSS. Maybe someone else has heard of it.

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2006 at 2:05 pm

I found out myself!

ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)

ME/CFS is a neurologic disease, where the main symptoms are neurologic, immunologic and neurocognitive. Furthermore there is a disabling fatigue of muscles and brain even after minor activity. The disease is classifed under WHO IDC-10 G93.3, and often begins with an infection (bacterial or viral) after which the body is continually weakend, and the patient loses strength. The condition is considered lifelong, and it reaches all ages and both sexes.

It is a chronic infection in the nerve system (brain and spinal marrow), which cannot be cured due to a defect in the immune defence. ME/CFS is therefore closely related to e.g. sclerosis and polio.

No tests can show it, though there should be a test in US where it shows up in the brain tissue.

The disease symptoms seem very similar to GBS. Does anyone know something about this and/or the test in question?