massage tomorrow

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2008 at 9:02 pm

For mothers day, hubby got me a 200.00 gift cert to a spa. I finally made the reservation and am going tomorrow !

I’m getting an 85 minute mega massage, aromatherapy steam shower, manicure and pedicure.

I can hardly wait !

Today I went to my second physical therapy for my neck and shoulders. They do a zap thing and today did my neck, shoulders and lower back. Oh that feels good. It’s not a tens unit….or whatever that is, it’s something else. They put hot towels on top of me, too.
      I did some stretching and exercises and they also did traction.
      I’m kinda sore tonite so hoping the massage will make things even better tomorrow.

I’m still narcotic free and doing great !

I had some pain issues in my ankles and calves today but I just worked thru it. I’m trying to keep “mind over matter” in my head.

Hubby is grouchy tonite..mad at my sister again (the estate stuff STILL), so the weekend isnt off to a good start. Still, I’m looking forward to tomorrow.
      I think I’ll get Connor in the tub, then take my shower and go to bed early.
      No reason to stay up.

well wishes everyone,

Stacey

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Stacey,
      You enjoy every minute of tomorrow. You deserve it. We know you can make it thru this with time and courage. We are all here cheering for you..just picture me in my little cheerleader uniform. (wait don’t, that is not a pretty picture):D

Take care sweetie and think of me tomorrow being green with envy. (lol)

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 6:41 am

Hi Stacey! Hope you get to enjoy that massage today! I know when I handled my grandmothers estate. It drove me nuts. Hope all of this ends soon so you both can start going on with your lives and start enjoying each other. But you go and enjoy that massage! You needed it today! Hugs:D

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 6:50 pm

I’m not going to “brag” about today but I will tell you it was everything I’d hoped it would be. I was there for five hours.

I know our hotel for the symposium is a spa…might have to check that out. I’m sure it’s very expensive.

I feel good. I’ve got alot going on and I needed to relax and forget about things. I’m trying first to take care of me and deal with the rest as it comes.

The estate stuff is still not over…there were some delays with some claims against the estate and the lawyer dragging his butt in telling us about it. That sent my oldest sister even further over the edge b/c all that matters to her is money. Greed is more evil than I ever could have imagined.

I just wanna go lay on the couch and enjoy just a little bit more of this “not so stressed out” feeling.

Wish I could buy everyone a day like I had today. You all deserve it, too.

Well wishes,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 7:48 pm

Hi Stacey! Maybe it won’t be too much longer before things end with the estate and you finally get some peace and quiet. Sounds like your day though was an enjoyable one that gave you some relaxing time for yourself. And we all need to get that every now and then.
      Hope it made you feel better. As far as the sister goes! Just ignore her! She’s only trying to stir up problems anyway and the best thing is to just ignore whatever she says.
      Have a good night Stacey! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2008 at 11:12 pm

Stacey, you sound so relaxed and wonderful. You deserve to be pampered! I am going to ask for a spa certificate for Christmas! I asked for one for my birthday but I didn’t get it so am going to ask again. I would love to be pampered.

Take care and remember, your sisters angst is not about you! It is about her and her emotional state. Keep telling yourself that and it will be easier to deal with her. Behaviour is often about an unmet need. Think about what her need might be. For instance, she talks about “wanting” the money and the estate settled. What she may “need” is to have this over with because of the emotional guilt/anger she is feeling. She is grieving in her own way. A “want” is something that brings us pleasure and comfort, a “need” is something that makes us feel safe and secure. Listen beyond the words to what lies beneath them. This will hwlp you see what it is she needs. I hope this helps.

Wishing you well.