Lyrica with Neurontin

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 5:32 pm

My sister was stricken with a severe case of GBS in October, 2005 and is still slowly recovering. However, the past several months have been terrible with pain. In February of this year, her neuro changed her from Prozac to Cymbalta and she is currently on 90 mg per day. Then in April, he decided to begin changing her from 3600 mg of Neurontin to Lyrica because of break thru pain. Well, after 4 months she is currently on 300 x 2 of lyrica and 900 x 2 of Neurontin. He, also, just changed from Ultract to Ultram 4 times per day. But nothing is working. Does any one take both drugs? If so how much of each? I am currentlly spacing/ alternating the meds every 6 hours. Lyrica at the 8’s and Neurontin on the 2’s, but the pain in hours 4-6 is the worst.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I have not posted on the boards since 2006; however, I read them constantly.

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 10:49 pm

I don’t like that Lyrica. They gave it to me and it did totally nothing. I took it and still felt pain! Messed my head up but the pain was horrible. Took Cymbalta too! That made me hyper and jittery. I am on Buspar now. The Neurontin name brand works okay with me.
      I think I would call her doctor and let them know about her pain tolerance levels and tells them how she is doing with the news meds and maybe they can add something new. Lyrica to me was a joke! It did nothing. Totally nothing!
      I don’t understand why they don’t give morphine or something stronger to help with pain. I am seeing doctors that don’t want to perscribe real pain meds. Addiction factors maybe. But to me it’s not right seeing somebody in this kind of pain. Call her doctor and let them know. Hopefully he can help relieve the pain for her. I wish her my best and hope she recovers soon. Hugs
      Linda H