Lyrica and link to GBS?

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2006 at 6:03 pm

I wanted to see if anyone else knows anything about Lyrica and the possibility that it could cause GBS? I was told by a senior member that it could. Please let me know as this is the drug that I just started taking for relief of my paresthesias.
      Thanks.
      Dave

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Dave when they tested people with Lyrica for their trials before it got on the market somebody got GBS.

Also if you read the literature for Gabapentin under nervous system it list as infrequent “neuropathy” wouldn’t that be like Lyrica? But in the days Gabapentin was first put on the market GBS probably wasn’t well known so maybe that is why they called it Neuropathy which is a Peripheral Nerve Disease.

Sue
      PS:I use Lyrica my choice

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2006 at 8:57 pm

[QUOTE=DAVE]I wanted to see if anyone else knows anything about Lyrica and the possibility that it could cause GBS? I was told by a senior member that it could. Please let me know as this is the drug that I just started taking for relief of my paresthesias.
      Thanks.
      Dave[/QUOTE]
      Dave – I emailed my Nero and Internal Medicine Dr. and she said she had not read or heard of that. Take it for what it is worth.
      Sally
      Tampa, FL

• Anonymous
      October 15, 2006 at 11:29 pm

Hi,

Please read the following:

[url]http://www.pfizer.com/pfizer/download/uspi_lyrica.pdf[/url]

Page 36:

[B]Nervous System[/B] -[I] Frequent[/I]: Anxiety, Depersonalization, Hypertonia, Hypesthesia, Libido decreased, Nystagmus, Paresthesia, Stupor, Twitching; [I]Infrequent:[/I] Abnormal dreams, Agitation, Apathy, Aphasia, Circumoral paresthesia, Dysarthria, Hallucinations, Hostility, Hyperalgesia, Hyperesthesia, Hyperkinesia, Hypokinesia, Hypotonia, Libido increased, Myoclonus, Neuralgia, [I]Rare:[/I] Addiction, Cerebellar syndrome, Cogwheel rigidity, Coma, Delirium, Delusions, Dysautonomia, Dyskinesia, Dysstonia, Encephalopathy, Extrapyramidal syndrome, [B]Guillain Barre syndrome,[/B] Hypalgesia, Intracranial hypertension, Manic reaction, Paranoid reaction, Peripheral neuritis, Psychotic depression, Schizophrenic reaction, Toricollis, Trismus

Regards to all.

Jethro

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2006 at 4:16 pm

Jethro,
      Where did you get this info from. Are these all the side affects for Lyrica? Please let me know and thanks.
      Dave

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2006 at 1:56 am

Dave,

It’s self explanatory…did you read it? Look at bottom page 43 (last page) – Released by Pfizer laboratory (manufacturer of Lyrica)…updated March 2006.

I got the web site from the archive files, originally posted by Canuckgirl that I found on google.

Take care.

Jethro