Lyrica and how much?

• Anonymous
      August 9, 2007 at 8:04 pm

For the folks that take Lyrica. How much do you take a day? Anybody know the maxium dosage…..

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 8:13 am

I’m taking Lyrica 75mg. 3 X a day. I have no idea what the max is but I doubt it would be much more than this? The IVig didn’t work, the painkillers don’t do much. I guess Lyrica doesn’t work for everyone but it does wonders for me. The only drawback I’ve found is the price…Dughy

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 11:13 am

I was on Lyrica, but the side effects were’nt worth it at all. However, I do believe the doses can go quite high (I [I][B]think[/B][/I] mine was 150 x 2 a day). I’m sure others will be able to tell you.

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 11:17 am

I’m on 225 mg once a day; was on 225 mg twice a day but gradually reduced it and 30 mg of Cymbalta substituted. It works very well for me. I’ve been taking it for 2 or 3 years now.

Cathy

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 12:56 pm

I am on Lyrica 200mg 2x a day and Cymbalta 60mg 2x a day and still have leg and foot pain and numbness in some fingers. New Neuro is trying to find why the pain for over a year with meds an ivig treatments. Wants a nerve bioposy OUCH

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Hi,

I was taking 150mg 3 times a day. But last week I increased the dose to 150mg 4 times a day. 600mg a day is the maxium dose. I wanted it increased because I am having a lot of pain/cramping feeling is my calves. Especially at night it wakes me up. I just left a call at the neurology clinic today that Iam still having alot of calf pain.

The Lyrica has deceased the neuropathic pain that I was having when I was taking Neurotin.

Pam K

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2007 at 8:38 pm

I am on Lyrica. I take 150mg in the morning and night, and 75 mg in between. But am still having some troubles. So might need another adjustment. It works well, just that my symptons are increasing lately.

Bluangel

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2007 at 10:42 am

As Pam said , 600mg is the max dose that the books are saying,my husband was on 300mg 3 times a day plus many other pills for pain, we’ve stopped all of them for a while coz nothing helped him anymore so after 2 months just with paracetamol he’s back on Lyrica 150 mg 3 times a day and fentanyl patch 100mg every three days and it seems that it’s done the trick. You have to be careful with all this meds coz the body get use with them and doesn’t respond anymore.Good luck.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 5:51 pm

Hi, my husband is on Lyrica and he takes 800 mg 3X a day. No one who replied seems to be taking such a high dose – that concerns me.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 6:17 pm

Mackk,

2400 mg. a day seems more like what you would be taking with Neurontin,not Lyrica. I am sure 600 mg’s a day is the max with Lyrica. That is what my Neuro trold me.

Kenee

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2007 at 6:29 pm

You are correct, my mistake. Sorry!