lupus and cidp

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2009 at 9:01 pm

so I dont know what finally made the doc say blood tests, duh finally, so thats what he ordered including an ANA and reumatoid factor, wester- somthing-sed and a bunch of other things with serum in the title. I had to have had these before when I they took all those tests in the hospital 5 years ago but I would not put it past them to over look the easiest, most obvious route. anyways, I found out today that I have a swollen lymph node in my arm pit (1 inch) that would be consistant with lupus as someone had suggested to me on this sight before due to my flu like bouts. I get the results on the ANA on Monday. my question is, is there a correlation between lupus and CIDP? I dont even want to entertain other possibilities for the node. I am going to a srgen asap to have it looked at. ill let them do the diagnostics on that one.

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2009 at 7:28 am

There is a link between lupus and cidp in that they are both auto-immune disorders. Some researchers believe that when you have one autoimmune disorder you are more likely than the average population to get another. I know Linda Martin is living proof of that and that her daughters if I rememv=ber correctly. I am going to pray that it is not lupus and just something like you drink too much pop. Ha Keep us posted.

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2009 at 10:49 am

Lupus can attack the peripheral nervous system much in the same way CIDP does. It can cause CIDP symptoms.

Lymph nodes can become swollen for MANY reasons, some of which have nothing to do with serious illness. Try to not get too worried.

The test you couldn’t remember the name of was a western blot test, it’s used to check for Lymes disease. The SED rate is to check for inflammation.

Let us know when you get the results back.
      Kelly