Looking for support for my husband

• Anonymous
      January 14, 2007 at 11:04 pm

When I first started posting I came across somewhat demanding and overexpectant and I sincerely apologized for it. Even after that I’ve got some what I feel are overly negative resonses.

Granted my husband is no angel, but I doubt any of you are without your faults. In fact I’d willing to bet that at least half of the people on this forum have done something at some point in there lives that they couldn’ve been arrested for. I never said my husband didn’t do anything wrong, as one person on this forum stated. I said that he didn’t do enough to deserve 17 months. There is quite a difference between those two statement. Sure there are many people in this world who are worse off than me or my husband. For that matter, no matter how bad off any of us think we are there’s always someone in a worse situation.

As far as expecting both pages of a document to be notarized. That’s not expecting the notary to be a mind reader. That’s expecting him or her to use a little common sense. Kind of like knowing when you put a teaspoon of instant coffee in a cup of water, you have to stir it before it tastes like coffee. Granted they are very busy in there and it may have been accidentally overlooked. I’m not saying it was intentional(although it does cross my mind, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt) Although It’s hard for me to give the Pinellas County Jail staff the benefit of the doubt in regard to them handcuffing my brother and placing him face down for many hours in a room by himself (because he was having grandmal seizures every ten to fifteen minutes and they didn’t know how else to handle him except make him go away, or maybe they couldn’t used common sense and called 911 then, or at least took him to the medical ward, or bothered checking on him within a reasonable amount of time)until he stopped breathing completely and ended up dying two days later. He wasn’t on probation. But he was no angel either. He was an alcolholic. He was going through severe withdrawels. His crime was shoplifting a six pack of beer. I remember when my mom dad told me he was in jail. This was right around the time that Hurricane Irving came in florida and Scott( my brother and his girlfriend were living on the beach ( not a good place when a hurricane is coming) and jokingly thinking well at least he’ll be safe from the hurricane. When someone finally checked on him he was unresponsive (heart stopped) 911 was called. The paramedics managed to get his heart going again, but he couldn’t breathe on his own. He was pronounced braindead in Northside Hospital and as if they didn’t treat my beloved brother bad enough, they insisted on keeping him in handcuffs, until my dad decided to take him off of life support. He did August 17, 2004–
      So perhaps some of you may have a little more understanding with why I’m struggling so hard to have patience with the system.

My goal on getting on this forum is to be supportive of other and hopefully meet people who are willing to be supportive of my husband. I would like some kind encouraging responses so I can print them out and send them to him. If someone is inclined respond on this post something negative like,” you did the crime now do the time” please refrain. My husband Jacob has been paying dearly for his crime and will continue to do so for at least another year. What makes it harder is I can’t talk to him over the phone, because my phone provider doesn’t except collect calls. So I don’t have any communication with him unless I visit him. So if any one has anything encouraging to say, please address them to Jacob, question of concern ok. please nothing condesending. If someone wants to respond to me because they don’t agree with something I said on this post so be it. I am posting another thread for you to do so. I would very much appreciate it, if all posts on this thread be positive and encouraging. Thank you.

I saw thwhen they handcuffI have since sent him another power of attorney out, making sure that it was concise with all avenues covered such as still having power of attorney if he cannot make his own decisions, the right to hire services on his behalf, the right to get all records, medical, legal there are many people out

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2007 at 10:38 am

annie,

I’m so sorry to hear about what happened to your brother. Nobody deserves that kind of treatment. And no wonder you are so panicked about your husband’s situation.

Thank you for posting more details about what has been happening to you and your husband. It helps us to understand where you are coming from.

I wonder if, after this is all over and your husband is released, if you or he could use the terrible things that have happened to educate young people about what it means to go to jail for a “minor” offense. Maybe speaking at schools etc? You express yourself well, and maybe could use these bad experiences to help someone else from having to go through it. It doesn’t bring your brother back, or make it easier on your husband, but maybe can make at least something positive come from what happened to them.
      I don’t know anything specific I can do to help, but please know you and he will be in my prayers. If I think of anything else, I’ll let you know.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2007 at 12:31 am

Thank you so much you words of compassion, kindness and support. WOULD IT BE OK IF I PRINTED WHAT YOU WROTE AND SENT IT TO MY HUSBAND. I KNOW IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO HIM. GOD BLESS. (: (: (:
      sideways smily faces

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2007 at 4:05 pm

Annie,

The only thing I can offer is to send you prayers and thoughts.

And a cyber hug *****hugs****

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2007 at 7:01 pm

Annie,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. We are here to help you however we can, we have all made mistakes in our lives I would bet. I would also bet that most of us have done something and got away with it. Getting caught is the part that sucks. I don’t judge you or your husband, he is paying for his crime and deserves to wipe his slate clean when he has paid his debt to society.

That being said, we are all here to help, just let us know.

Take care,

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 3:47 am

Your prayers and thoughts are just what the doctor ordered. Thank you so much!!!

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 12:09 pm

Good luck and best wishes to your husband, Annie. I know a year can be a long time to be separated from each other.

Shannon

• Anonymous
      January 20, 2007 at 1:25 pm

Annie,

Please tell your husband that all of us here are praying for him to get the needed treatments he needs. I also will keep him in my prayers that he starts his upward climb back to health again. Yes, it’s a very long road ahead of him, but with your love and help, he will get through this. I know how difficult this is for the both of you, but just remember it has happened to everyone here and health comebacks are very, very possible.

Remember GBS stands for “Get Better Slowly”

Hugs to You Jacob.