Looking for healthy-ish ppl under 35 to compare notes

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2007 at 6:37 pm

………………………..

• Anonymous
      December 2, 2007 at 3:14 am

Wow Clay, You are very blessed to be able to still do all those activities. I’m just happy to be able to get up and down the stairs and get in and out of my car and into the store and to a cart before I fall lol. Clay maybe you can tell some of us how to get to where you are. What do you do for energy? Are you taking any medications or vitamins? Do you get IVIG?

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2007 at 3:24 am

Hi Clay, yeah that all sounds fab, you must spill the beans, but also I am 34, recently diagnoised with CIDP (fisrt hospital admission June this Year – with ?GBS but after nothing but pretty much continual relapses and minimal response to baseline treatment now diagnoised CIDP) HOWEVER I am going to where you are ie I am active tramper, triathlete etc right up to this hitting me – have been totally paralysed with only head movemtn and bladder / bowel control (there are some small mercy’s) but have been home now 6 weeks (that is the longest time out of hospital since end May 07 and am progressing fabulously. (Dear I touch wood) from being totally paralysed first week october I can now drive, look after myself and 3 young children, do star jumps, wee bit of skipping with rope, and last week had one go on a cross trainer and am feeling fab considering. I am determined to get my life back and hope to get back tramping and doing triathlons in the near future.
      (am on quite a bit of treatment – ivig twice a week, iv methylpred once a week and oral azathiaprine)
      Kia Kaha to you Clay
      (A Kiwi saying for stay strong)
      Kiwi Chick

• Anonymous
      December 3, 2007 at 4:08 pm

I was under 35 when I was diagnosed. At that time, I used to go to the gym or work out 5-7 days a week, and I was a certified personal trainer and aerobics instructor. My activities were curtailed when I first got sick, of course, but after I found the right neurologist and right treatment, I was back at the gym a month after being released from the hospital. I eventually was able to run 2-3 miles a day (it took two years of training, but hey, at least I did it). Then I relapsed again. And again. Each relapse takes more of my strength, but 12 years later I still go to the gym 4-5 times a week.

-Marie