Looking For Anyone From My Area

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2010 at 12:00 am

I was woundering if there were many of us in my area state of ohio.
      im curious to know & could you put your hometown.
      thanks for any & all inquiries.
      Istaroaz
      Severe case Nov 10.2006

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2010 at 1:45 am

There are several people on the forum from Ohio. I have attending a support group/informational meeting in Dayton a couple of times. The next one is 5/22. If you are interested, I will be happy to send you additional information when I receive it about location and time. The meetings are usually on Saturday early afternoon and last about 2 hours. Every other meeting has tended to have a speaker and the alternative less formal with people introducing themselves and briefly telling their story with GBS/CIDP. It is a distance for me (I’m in Indiana), so I have not been able to attend all the meetings there.
      WithHope

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2010 at 9:55 am

Dayton area is to far for me to travel . I dont travel well due to the GBS & severe low back pain from hitting it on sink counter last year. & my motion sickness i get now. i’m about 1 hr from Akron & Marrietta if you go south Akron is north. The only GBS support thing i’ve been to was the symposium in Chicago in 2008 & we flew there.

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Hello,
      Go to the members list under K and look for Kassandra Ulrich. Kass is from Akron, Ohio. She doesn’t post on the forum anymore, but she is very involved in the GBS/CIDP Foundation in other ways. If you are able to go to the symposium being held in Valley Forge, PA in November, you’ll probably meet her in person.

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Yes i know kassandra. my mom talked with her alot when i was sick. I also talked with her on the phone & she has visited me a few times & i seen her at the 2008 symposium. I also know she is deeply involved with the foundation. I also know for the state of ohio there are 4 other liasons. I meet one of them. i was woundering about other people as well as the liasons. I also talked with 2 of the liasons. I was also woundering if there was anyone close to where i am.
      istaroaz

• Anonymous
      April 29, 2010 at 6:09 pm

I am near you in spirit, I have an idea what you are going through. I care. Please lean on me, share with me how you are feeling. Get it off your shoulders. Every little bit helps.:)

• Anonymous
      April 29, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I am near you in spirit, I have an idea what you are going through. I care. Please lean on me, share with me how you are feeling. Get it off your shoulders. Every little bit helps.:)

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2010 at 9:53 am

I am in the Columbus Area. I am still a little far from you but if you need to talk you can write me.
      Will keep you in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Have you had a Stem Cell Transplant? Read all about it on this forum! Am praying for you.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2010 at 7:57 pm

no i haven’t had stem cell transplant. 3 1/2 years ago when i first developed gbs i had plasma pharesis done 5 times. i later heard my uncle a doctor telling another dr that i had the plasma done & he said it helped but i didn’t do as well as they thought i would with it. i had a very severe case of it, & was within a few hrs of having to be put on a vent. & i almost dided from the gbs & then another time from the vicoden building up a toxic tolerance in my system & was given narcon 2 times to get me to come out of it.my neuro thought i would never get out of bed but i walk with arm cuff crutches normally. but im in a wheelchair some of the time due to a broken 5th metatarsal. i did this 1/21/10. it is slow healing bone anyway & the gbs makes it more slower because of the effects of gbs restricting the blood vessels. its just all been one big NIGHTMARE!!!

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2010 at 5:53 am

I live in Findlay, oh but my neurologist is at OSU, and we travel down quite a bit. We also travel to the Akron area quite often as we have family there.

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Sorry I haven’t checked your post in a long time. Sorry for your suffering. Wrapped up in my own tiny world. Crutches & wheelchair, is it electric or can you manually turn your own wheels? Do you get around, out of your home?

In the last 2 months I am no longer ambulatory. Can’t get over all my house, haven’t been upstairs for over a year. Only leave my house to go to Drs. & to church. Can’t get out of my house to my yard. Have been depressed over demise. Am sure you know a whole lot more about that than I. My Dr. ordered me an electric chair, don’t have it yet, can’t wait!

How are you doing now? You are in my prayers & in my heart.
      smitty

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I live in Columbus. GBS onset March 2005 a serve case.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2010 at 9:54 am

Looking for anyone in the Albany NY area with CIDP