Liz’s BIG little improvements

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Hi Family,
      I haven’t posted about any improvements during the past two years because the stress of caring for my mother during her declining years did so much to me and took away my motivation.

I think they are coming back! A few days ago, I stood at the kitchen sink and shampooed my hair. I had my wheelchair right behind me as a safety, but I didn’t even need to sit until I was done. I haven’t been able to stand like that for eleven years. It was almost unaided by leaning in.

Yesterday I pedaled myself (manual wheelchair) over to the community center to attend a meeting for the physically challenged residents and I pedaled myself back to my apartment. That doesn’t sound like such a big deal, but to me it was because that’s the farthest I’ve gone by myself and I had the confidence that I could.

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Liz, you are so upbeat and full of confidence and doing things you haven’t done in so long. This move sounds like exactly what you needed to do for you. Good for you:D Keep up the great job.
      Emma

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 11:11 am

Liz, how totally wonderful for you. Perhaps some of the stress of caring for your mom added to your symptoms. Now that is gone, you are able to put the energy into yourself and wow!

Glad you are doing well. You sound so happy. Every little accomplishment is a blessing, isn’t it?

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 11:15 am

Liz, there is an old Chinese say; “A journey of a thousand miles start with one step”. You are on your way. Keep up your courage and keep taking those steps.

Sounds like you are enjoying our beautiful state. I hope you are getting enough sunshine. We been having rain for the last three days.

Jim C

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 12:57 pm

Wow Liz it sounds like you are doing great. You go Girl! 😀

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 4:19 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”3″]Hooray Liz!
      Have missed hearing from you so much.
      Wonderful to hear you are doing so well.
      It took a lot of courage for you to make this move and i’m so proud of you i could just burst.

Come to The Tavern and have a drink with us, we [SIZE=”4″][B]miss[/B][/SIZE] you!

Keep up the good work.:)
      [/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Hi Liz! Sounds to me like you are getting part of your life back and starting to show improvements. It can be quite draining taking care of a parent. Lost my father a few years back and my husband and I have my mother to care for. And it is a challenge. Especially if you have illness yourself. So I impathize with you! But am so happy to hear that things are getting better. Keep the hope and faith and anything can be possible again.

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 9:40 pm

What a great post, I am so happy because you sound so happy. We are still caring for our mothers’ needs (not in our home though), & it can be so draining. Sunshine is also so good for everyone as well. MN has been great the past few weeks, but already I am beginning to dread winter, LOL! I am terribly proud of you, keep active & join lots of stuff…
      Pam

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2008 at 10:43 pm

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]That’s great news Liz, I hope things keep going good for you ! 😉 [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2008 at 7:06 am

Oh LIZ that is such a possitive, up beat, post! I am so happy for you and hope that you continue to enjoy your life in the Sunshine State! All this new found freedom is wonderful. Take care and please post more often!