Listerine Recall concerning weakend or suppressed immune systems

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 1:41 am

I just heard on the news that there is a recall on the Listerine Agent Cool Blue.

McNEIL-PPC, Inc. has announced a voluntary nationwide consumer recall of all lots of the GLACIER MINT™ and BUBBLE BLAST™ flavors of LISTERINE® AGENT COOL BLUE™ Plaque-Detecting Rinse after the Company determined that the preservative system is not adequate against certain microorganisms. McNEIL-PPC, Inc. has been in full communication with the FDA regarding this issue and the decision to implement a voluntary recall. For further detail, please see complete press release.

http://www.agentcoolblue.com

The Company conducted a thorough assessment and concluded that the risk of illness in healthy individuals following use of this product is very low. However, there could be a significant health risk to individuals with weakened or suppressed immune systems. To date, there have been no consumer adverse health events reported that are related to this issue.

Just wanted to let everyone know.
      Sincerely,
      Harley

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 3:35 am

Scary!

I almost bought some of that stuff for Emily 2 days ago. I’m glad that I didn’t.

Thanks.
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 4:49 am

Harley, rest asured we do not have either weak or uppressed immune systems. There is hereditary immuno-deficiency disease and acquired immune deficiency namely AIDS, so the Listerene caution does not apply to us. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 12:58 pm

there is a bacteria in the listerine which could cause illness in kids with surpressed immune systems, not likely to damage any child who uses it, its jut a precaution. i have a bottle sitting in front of me as i type this-its going down the drain.