Learn from my stupid mistake.

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2011 at 5:47 am

A year ago almost to the day, I had my left great toe amputated because of an infection that got wildly out of control. It started with a simple cut but without nerve feeling I didn’t take it to seriously until it was too late. Well, a couple days ago like a big dummy I stood outside on my painted deck in 90 degree heat for 2-3 minutes wearing only socks. Later that night I saw my sock on my right foot soaked in blood. In that brief time I burned the skin completely off the bottom of my foot. Saw the doctor the next morning and he is aggressively treating the wound and is worried that the large dosage of celcept (3000 mg/day) might hinder natural healing. Hugg.

PLEASE take care this summer, even if you only have slightly diminished feeling in your hands and or feet, remember it only takes a moment to cause serious and unnecessary injury – hot steering wheel, asphalt parking lot, sand at the beach? Take care my friends and have a safe and wonderful summer.

Bryan

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2011 at 11:11 am

Thanks, Bryan. A good thing to keep in mind. So sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Sharon

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Good caution. And so sorry you’ve had this happen.

I have some feeling, but I routinely burn my feet on things. The hot deck, bath water, etc. Even accidently put my hand in boiling water once, looked at it, and thought, “Ummm….shouldn’t that be hurting?”. I’m not the brightest bulb sometimes. 😉

Hope your feet heal quickly and well.

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2011 at 12:37 am

I have been fortunate to avoid that type of problem, so far, but certainly could make such a mistake. Thank you for the warning!!
      I hope you will have no long-term consequences from you accident.

I spent a lot of time in the sun over 4th of July, on a deck at the beach and wound up seriously suffering from low energy and low stamina. I am wondering if the sun/ heat may have caused those symptoms.
      Anyone have any ideas/ experiences along those lines??