Last Minute Phoenix No-Go for me

    • Anonymous
      November 1, 2006 at 4:42 pm


      Just got some bad news from my neurologist…..going to the symposium in Phoenix tomorrow is out of the question. 🙁

      I had a severe case of GBS last winter (recovered rather quickly thank goodness) and have been looking forward to the symposium with my wife ever since we heard about it this summer. Everything was going so well until about three weeks ago when I started get weak again. They haven’t officially diagnosed this latest episode, but are 95% sure its CIDP now as opposed to a reoccurance of GBS.

      Things with this latest episode seemed to be getting better until yesterday. My neuro even said last Friday that if things continued to improve, traveling to Phoenix wouldn’t be a problem. Well, I’ve gotten a lot weaker in the past 24-48 hrs. Doc is going to start some more IVIG at home or in the hospital tonight or tomorrow. Nurse is taking care of the details as I write!

      Even though I’m disappointed about not being able to go, deep down I agree with my neurologist and think that it is best for my body right now.

      I’ll be thinking of all of you in Phoenix this weekend.


    • Anonymous
      November 2, 2006 at 12:04 pm

      Sorry to hear about your health issues and the possibility of CIDP. I am only a few months post GBS so I have a while before I need to worry about that possibitlity. Take care, and let us know what you find out when they finally decided on a diagnosis.