L300 Bioness Foot Drop System

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Not sure if any of you have heard of this new device out but I thought I would share it with you.
      The Company Bioness has developed a device that you can wear underneath the knee cap area of your legs. It has been used in Clinical Trials but is now being RX’s by many doctor’s but alot of doctor’s are not aware that it is out and now being tried.
      It has been helping many people with MS and now is being tried on others.
      This device is an Electrical Stimulation Device that has made many with Foot Drop now be able to walk again!
      It is not cheap though and cost $6200.00 per leg. Medicare will not cover it and some insurance companies are and some are not. For those that are interested.
      Type in Bioness.com and it will give all the information you need. It will also give all the areas that carry this in your local area. They will try you in one first to see how you do and if it works for you before one gets ordered. Ordering is through the company itself but with a Doctors RX.
      Bioness will work with you in regards to your insurance company and will also set up a payment plan!
      I have been watching this device with a friend of mine with MS and she has not been able to walk very well for a very long time. Today she is now walking with the use of this device.
      They also have a 1-800 number that you can contact just in case any of you may be candidates for this device!
      My insurance company will not cover one for me, but they did approve my mother and we are getting her fitted after her surgery.
      Maybe it will help someone in here! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 11:16 pm

The concept of Bioness is the same as the neuromuscular electric stimulator. It depends upon the individual’ s evidence of coverage to cover Bioness or not. –eden