kidney stone then IVIG

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2009 at 2:36 pm

first have to have lithotrypsy for the kidney stone then get to have IVIG after i pass the stone, they want to get rid of the stone because they are affraid all the fluid f4rom the IVIG might cause it to move and that would not make me very happy. wish me luck i go Monday at 8 am for the stone.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Best of luck Jojo. I had lithotrypsy a few years ago and it was a walk in the park compared to having the stones. The procedure was painless. I had to get dressed up in little paper shorts and paper top, and I think they gave a little mild sedation, and started an IV (not positive of that as it was a few years ago), then off to a big lithotrypsy machine that made a bit of noise. Then I went back to day care to be monitored for a couple of hours while they made sure I could pee before they sent me home.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2009 at 7:47 pm

i had this done before, before GBS/CIDP. it was relatively easy, now i am in a lot of pain. the f un has just begun. Now i get to pass the remnants. Yeah!!
      the medication they gave me during the procedure did not work I felt the whole thing and remember everything.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2009 at 8:08 pm

But, like tumors or bad teeth, better to get it out! [Durned Spot!]
      I’ve got some gallstones and I’m hoping they’d try that for me? Tho I’ve soo many med issues going on now….docs panic at all the possible complications… Me? I’ve come thru them all w/flying colors so far, and just don’t want ANY more new problems now?
      I sure hope you let the docs KNOW that you KNEW of everything going on? It sure isn’t ‘fun’ to hear an ‘UH OH’ and be essentially paralysed and not able to do anything!
      I truly hope that all is going along a heap better now?
      My heart is with you!

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2009 at 5:56 pm

passed stone no probllem but now am incontent again. going for an mri of my pelvic floor in am to see what is going on. i dont think i can take much more. i just hope they can fix it witout me needing a catheter permantley. neuro i guess wants to check to make sure is not due to cidp progressing.

• November 16, 2009 at 11:58 pm

check out sarcoidosis, just a suggestion. There is a connection with kidney stones and other issues you describe. It is just so difficult because so many autoimmunes overlap each other.
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      November 18, 2009 at 7:24 pm

MRI was of my head not my pelvic floor. they are checking to see if the CIDP is affecting my brain and that could be causing the incontinence. go tomorrow for my results.