Kevie is away at camp!!!

• September 22, 2008 at 11:51 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 12:13 am

Chin up Dawn. He’ll be fine and have a great time. And if he doesn’t feel good, he will call and you can pick him up. Easy for me to say as he is your boy and it is natural to worry. It will do you good too though if it works out well. You need a break. You’re a great mom. And even if he finds the two days too long it will do him good in the end to have tried. Don’t worry too much kiddo.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 12:52 am

Relax woman!

The boy will be fine in his fancy schmancy new sleeping bag with his extra goodies hidden for bedtime snacking. He’ll quietly be thanking you all night long.

He’s going to have a blast. I’m sure he’ll miss you but he’ll be back home in no time.

Kelly

PS, if you call me in the morning I probably won’t be home. I have to go to the grocery store.

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 4:36 am

Dawn, you know the camp will call you at any time if Kevie runs into trouble. Relax and put your feet up, you deserve it. Kevie probably has shared all his bedtime snacks by now. Relax Mom.:)

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 8:12 am

How fun for Kevin !!!!!!! I wish I was away at camp !!!
      That is so awesome. I can remember going to girl scout camp a few times. Each time it was for a week. Did you ever go ? It’s such a huge step in a kids life.
      And for Kevin…it’s even more special.

I know your pain of missing him. Well, not exactly but I really can imagine.

Maybe use the time to catch up on something or get romantic with the hubby ?
      Or go to a spa and get a massage or pedicure…something good for yourself.

I’m sure you will stay busy. So glad he’s away having fun tho…AND that you have a spy. That’s gotta help big time.

ttfn,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 8:51 am

Why am I suddenly reminded of the song ‘Hello, Mudda, Hello, Fadda’ (if you’re not old enough to remember it, you can hear it on youtube at uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDlo7g3bew).

Enjoy!

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 9:19 pm

You yourself have said that Kevie is doing really, really well right now. He needs and deserves to have some normal time–and so do you. It is really hard to watch over someone you love who has an illness. Both you and he will benefit for the “normal kid” time, although I know very well that it will also be hard for both of you at times. I hope for you peace. Love is not limited by seeing distance–he knows how much you love him and care about him and want him safe even if he is not in eyesight. Take a really long soaky bubblebath and just celebrate in your heart the fact that you both CAN be like normal people despite all the challenges you have faced. Celebrate in this moment.
      WithHope for a cure of these diseases