Just to let everyone know how things are going

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 10:27 pm

[FONT=”Century Gothic”]Well I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone for their posts & all the kind words & thoughts. My days are just going by ok I guess, I miss Debbie I still come home from work each night. Thinking she’ll still be there I guess that’s one of the things about taking care of someone for 6.5 to 7 yrs results in. My days just seem so empty without her, maybe one day I’ll be able to accept everything. I got something in the mail today that really I had never seen before. The state representative for this area sent me a paper with a memorial tribute to my wife, From the Ky State House of Representatives It had an state seal on it & was signed by the State Representative for this area, & the Speaker of the House. This completely threw me off, so I called his local office & told the lady there to tell him Thank You. They are sending me 5 additional copies to give to both my daughters, my son, Debbie’s mom & her brother. I just wanted to tell everyone about this, I’m sitting here looking at the picture of Debbie. Her smile always makes me feel a little better about everything. But again Thanks to Everyone here for your support[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 11:01 pm

Terry, That is very nice to hear. Come to the Tavern and have a drink and something to eat on me. Hugs!!!!:)

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 11:31 pm

Hello Terry,
      Just to let you know that we’ll be here anytime and everytime you need someone to talk to.
      From my heart,

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2007 at 11:34 pm

That was a wonderful acknowledgment of your wife from the state of KY. What a very nice gesture that was, & also a wonderful keepsake for all of the family members. The deep love you have for your wife comes through in each & every one of your posts. I am also fortunate enough to have a husband like you who has taken care of me the past 5 1/2 years, the first 3 when I could do next to nothing for myself.
      I can now walk with AFOs & a cane, cook, do dishes, not all that much really, but I guess he does enjoy my company. I have always been the talker in the family & that hasn’t changed. But how much I wanted to give up in the beginning, especially the first 3 months. Reading posts like yours make me realize that I was right to fight so hard.
      Blessings, Pam

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2007 at 5:02 am

Terry thank you for the update. Also what a nice tribute to your wife you got from the state representative.

Email me anytime you know that.

Sue

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2007 at 12:34 pm

Good Day Everyone: Well the days go just so, so today it has been 3 wks since I lost Debbie, I can still remember her lying there in the hospital bed. She looked so peaceful & not in anymore pain, I did have a pretty bad time last night. My daughter Stef emailed me & was talking about, how she wished she could have spent more time with her mom. I sent her a reply back & while I was typing it up, I just got totally upset & started crying again. I can’t describe the type of emotional issues I’ve been having, the people that have lost their soul mates can totally relate to this. It is just unlike any other thing I’ve had to deal with. Well on a good note our heatwave stopped here late yesterday afternoon. We had a rainstorm that came through, the temp before hand was 103 & it dropped to the mid 70s afterward.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2007 at 11:09 am

Terry, my prayer thoughts continue to be with you as you grieve the loss of your precious, Debra.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2007 at 11:44 am

[IMG]http://http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1051/1155180288_429490d271_m.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2007 at 11:55 am

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1306/1155175180_b4194805a4_m.jpg[/IMG] Debra at 48 a few days before she passed away

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1051/1155180288_429490d271_m.jpg[/IMG] Debra at 18

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2007 at 12:04 pm

Terry, Thank you so much for the latest picture. For some of us new people it helps a lot to see her. I put you in my prayers . Thank you for being a husband because you don’t how much that is worth to your wife. My husband helps me and I can’t put enough thank you’s and appreciation in words to help.
      God Bless You!

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Terry,

Your words about your wife are so sweet, you keep making me cry. I only hope that I can be there for Ben for the rest of our lives the way you were always there for Debra. Everytime I think I’ve been doing a good job caregiving, I go and read another one of your posts, and I realize I’ve hardly done anything. You definitely set the bar high for the rest of us. Thank you for giving me a goal to strive for as a wife.

Love,

Shannon

P.S. Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures side by side. Debra’s certainly a peaceful looking angel.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2007 at 9:37 pm

I read all these wonderful posts and think how your daughter must of been typing that email and letting the emotions flow. I am sure she did not want to upset you and let you hear the emotion in her voice. Email is an easy tool to use to state what you want to say without interruptions, but it does not even come close to how a big hug feels. Next time you see your daughter give her a big hug and tell her thanks for the email! It is great you have left the communication lines open to her but your family will never know how much impact your messages here have on US….her family here!;)

• Anonymous
      August 24, 2007 at 2:12 pm

Terry,

Had to let you know how touched I am by your love for your wife. I hope you will find your peace soon and embark on the next stage of your life. Don’t forget, Debra is watching over you! Many hugs to ya!

• Anonymous
      August 24, 2007 at 3:14 pm

[B]My Dear Friend Terry,

You are now going with the flow of getting on with your life, even though it is a lonely road back. There will never be a day that you don’t think of Debbie and feel a twinge in your heart and have a tear in your eye. I still do, but it has gotten better for me in the fact that it is not so painful as it was. I now think of Frank with a little twinge in my heart and that tear is always there but I have healed enough that I don’t sit and cry uncontrollably for hours or days anymore. You are in the process of healing, it’s slow but it does come with time.I believe that it is Debbie that will help you heal, she’s your Angel now. Frank will always be my Angel and he will always help me cope.[/B]

• Anonymous
      August 25, 2007 at 8:29 am

Beautiful post, Brandy. I feel the same………as my Dad passed Sept. 2002.
      It hurt like Hell for a long time. But, somebody at work told me..”It hurts horribly NOW, but later, it still will, but won’t be so “raw””. I now, understand what that meant. Prayers to you Terry.

Per

• Anonymous
      September 4, 2007 at 3:26 pm

Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking about you and praying that every day will get better. xoxooxxoxo Roxie
      Ps. I lost my child at 3 mos and just lost my mom. I KNOW it hurts, I feel I have noone now.

• Anonymous
      September 5, 2007 at 6:52 pm

Terry,

Haven’t been on the forum for quite awhile, so until today, I didn’t know about your wife’s passing. I’m so terribly sorry to hear that you have lost her.

You were such a good husband and caregiver for her. There must be a star in heaven for you now. She surely loved you very much, as you loved her.

I have lost dear ones too, and understand how it feels to miss someone so much. My heart goes out to you and Debbie’s family. Please know that you are not alone. You have many friends here, and you can always come to us when you need us.

Sincere condolences,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2007 at 8:14 am

[COLOR=”Blue”]Well my days just go by, still in disbelief Debbie’s gone. I do go to the cemetery as much as I can to tell her I miss her & love her very much. I have been to my daughters home the past 2 Sundays, in Louisville I took my son & his girl friend there Sunday. The gal he’s dating now seems to be a good person, he had a bad experience with his first one. She managed to completely break his heart, by sleeping with his ex best friend. It has taken a long time for him to get back to a normal mode, as long as he’s happy. That’s all that matters, well today hasn’t proved to good for me I’m just in a very sad mood. I guess thinking about Debbie is weighing heavy on my mind. I’m just trying to think about the times when she was still here. My memories of her are very precious now, she may be gone but I will never forget her.[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Terry,

There just seems to be no way to hurry the healing process, but trust that you will eventually begin to feel better.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there.

As always,

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2007 at 12:36 pm

Terry, sad is OK, is good. It’s part of the grieving process that one goes thru with a loss. I can’t imagine how lonely the days and nights must be . . . Wrap yourself in memories. How awesome that you got to spend all those years with such an Angel! You will never forget her ~ why should you? Please know that I am remembering you and your family as you journey forward. Hugs

• Anonymous
      September 11, 2007 at 4:25 pm

Terry, Sending Big Hugs your way. With You as a role model, I’m sure your Son will find just the right girl.:) Don’t work too hard;) Take care.