Just an update!

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 7:22 pm

Hi everyone!
      I just wanted to update ya’ll real quick as to how I am doing. I saw my Neurologist in March and found out that I don’t have any nerve conduction from my knee down to my foot in the left leg and I still cannot feel my feet, will these ever come back? For right now, I am using a cane to get around everywhere. Just feel like I have the strength to go without it, even though I have tried it and wound up being exhausted in a couple of hours. The doctor told me that by Christmas of this year, whatever I have is ALL that I will have. He can’t tell me for sure if I will have feeling back in my feet or if I will get more use of my left leg. I have just enough nerve conduction in that leg to walk, but, BOY howdy watch out when I get tired, my left foot DRAGS!! I know it has been awhile since I have been on, but how is everyone else doing? Are you ready for spring yet? Talk to you all later.
      Bye for now,
      Teresa Rose

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Hey there! NO ONE, not even a doctor can tell you what your healing will be or in what time frame!! Don’t buy into those theories as you can become discouraged and then not progress. I am 12 yrs. post GBS and I still see improvements each year. Hey, they may be small but what does that matter as long as it’s on the plus side?!

Glad to see you back “on site” 🙂

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 9:47 pm

hi tr,

ditto judi. i am 7 2/3 yrs post gbs & still see improvement. never give up. never give in. rest when you are tired. it is the fastest road to recovery. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 7:52 am

Good morning.
      I agree no Dr can say if you will have feeling back in your legs. GBS attacked my feet and my right foot was totally numb. I could only use a walker. One monday when I woke up I knew something was different. I tried to walk and could. By Wed over 70 % of the numbness left and it still is.
      I had a great therpist than make me work hard at therpy. Also I turned myself over to God and have let him do the healing.
      Every morning when I wake up I look for a change and usually find one. It will come just have patience and remember you and I are blessed as we can walk. May blessings and healing powers be with you. Lakoda (Steve)