Just an update for those who helped me

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2010 at 8:34 am

I am seven weeks out of the hospital after IVIG, when I first found this forum I was scared, confused, looking for advise on the all of life’s simple issues that we with GBS experience. The kindness, experience and openiness of people on the forum helped me a great deal. My baby steps continue. This past week I returned to work for two hours per day. 5:30 am to 7:30am. I am walking with my cane, driving and doing little chores around the house, I have resumed my winemaking, enjoy a daily glass.and of course resting. For those of you on this journey with me I say hang in there. I have been blessed with support from family, work, friends and this forum. Thank you all. I still have issues with GBS and maybe always will.
      Harry
      My glass is not half full nor half empty; I am just happy to have a glass.

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2010 at 9:38 am

Harry,

Great update, happy for you.
      Wishing you continued improvement.

Shirley

• March 13, 2010 at 11:49 am

Hi Harry!
      Great news, glad to hear things are going along smoothly. Enjoy that glass of wine!

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Harry, great news… you seem to making a remarkable recovery. Congrats…and take it one day at a time. I have been able to enjoy a glass of wine here and there, a small one. Still can’t drink coffee though…maybe someday. Life’s little pleasures make it all worth it.

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Hi Harry,

That’s wonderful news!! It sounds like those “baby steps” are turning into “toddler strides”. 😀

Take care,

Tina

• Anonymous
      March 13, 2010 at 9:00 pm

That’s great news, Harry! Just keep on keeping on, while the healing takes place. Life can still be a great journey for us; it’s just that GBS is along for the ride (like an annoying back-seat driver). So focus on the road (your goals) and enjoy the view, your big coffee-mug and the music (life’s blessings). Toss a blanket and some diversions in the backseat when GBS is
      wakeful, and enjoy the lulls when GBS sleeps.
      (hey…a couple of quarters in my ash-tray!!)

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm

only 7 weeks out of the hospital-you’re doing really great. I hope your recovery keeps on as smoothly for a long time to come. Remember that there are highs and lows on the path and some days it doesn’t seem like you’re making any progress at all-then a month later and you can see where you’ve come from. From my experience progress can be quicker at the beginning and then it tends to slow down a bit, so don’t be worried if progress seems to slow at a certain point. Doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. Jeff

• March 16, 2010 at 12:35 am

Thanks for sharing your progress with us. It sounds like you’re on your way.
      Don’t forget to treat those rest periods like gold.

• Anonymous
      March 16, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Harry –
      I have enjoyed reading about your baby steps with your cane, and the wine making. I can’t even imagine driving yet – saw the dr today and we agreed it is still sometime out. Working? Even 2 hours a day is so fantastic! My students keep emailing me asking me to come in for a visit (h s biology) and not driving makes that difficult – the wheelchair is a problem, too.

You are an inspiration to all of us on this journey. I am sure some of those Senior members can look back to the time they were where we are today. I look forward to the time when we, too, can offer sage advice.

Keep those baby steps going – I am working hard to stay in your footprints!

• Anonymous
      March 18, 2010 at 1:05 am

That is great Harry. From reading your posts, your experience seems a lot like mine. I was discharged 1/11/10. Have returned to work a couple of days a week and am also driving short distances. My wife and I will be attending a convention next week in Southern CA. We live in the Bay area and so I’m a little nervous about being gone for a week and also going so far away. It will be an adventure. I also enjoy a good glass of Cab once in awhile but single malt is my fav. Although I have not indulged like I use to, my next one will be a toast to you. Keep the faith and keep getting better. 🙂