Just A Dummy’s Computer Question

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2007 at 12:43 pm

Hi intellegent computer wiz’s,

How do I find out which version of Internet Explorer I am running:confused:
      If it helps, I have windows xp. I’ll sometimes get a notice that I’m not running the current version, which I know I installed and I’d like to confirm so I can ignore notice.

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2007 at 1:42 pm

When you have Internet Explorer open click “Help” on the menu bar and then click “About Internet Explorer” and it will tell you what version your using.

-GBS/CIDP

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2007 at 6:33 pm

Liz,

It’s always a good idea to go ahead and update your Internet Explorer, the one you downloaded yesterday for example might have updates today. Usually they are security updates to fix critical flaws. If you need any help get ahold of me 🙂

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2007 at 6:50 pm

Hi Liz, the latest Internet Explorer is 7. You can download it from the Microsoft website.

To get the latest Windows XP updates, on your Explorer click on “Tools” and then select “Windows Update”. It’ll check automatically what updates you need and install them for you.

• Anonymous
      March 26, 2007 at 11:26 pm

I know I updated to internet explorer 7 less then a month ago and it showed that it was successful. And if I go to internet explorer site to look at “updates” it does say I already have 7, it’s just that I get that stupid warning on my online banking site that I’m not running an acceptable version. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, I have no problem accessing, so I should presume it’s their problem and they don’t know what version I run. That warning appeared before I updated.

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 1:08 pm

another way to see at a glance, liz, look at the blue e , it should have a yellow hoop around it for explorer 7.0.

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 1:51 pm

The E Does Have A Yellow Loop Around It And I’m No Dummy!!!!! JUST Challenged! All I Have To Do Is Go Online With Mozilla Firefox When I Want My Online Banking.

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Firefox is better in my opinion anyways 🙂