Ivig Treatments/ H Pylori

• Anonymous
      July 17, 2010 at 11:41 pm

I restarted IVIG after a 7 year “vacation”. Had been on cellcept in meantime. 2 days after IVIG I get a reaction of severe heartburn, peadache and vomiting. Dr said it was reaction to IVIG. Then I had really bad episode and hospitalized. Different doc did test for H Pylori and came back positive. I have been on 2 treatments of antibiotics and am still positive. I was supposed to have 6 months of IVIG. I am afraid to get the other 4 treatments until I get over this H Pylori. Has anyone had a similar reaction?

• Anonymous
      July 18, 2010 at 12:50 pm

It sounds as if your scheduled IVIG is once per month. According to the NIH the ‘treatment’ for H. pylori usually takes 14 days with an 80-90% cure rate.

You should be able to finish the ‘cure’ between treatments, get retested, and then continue your IVIG.

Disclaimer- the article I’m referring to mentions peptic ulcers. I am not suggesting you have a peptic ulcer. I’m only talking about the “cure.”

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I wrote the last article on June 18. On June 19 my wife had an endoscopy with biopsy.

The biopsy results???? H. pylori.

The Rx- two weeks worth of a double whammy antibiotic program.

go figure.