IVIG Dosing Info

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2008 at 11:51 pm

I know we have talked a lot about 2 g/kilo being a loading dose and 1 g/kilo being a maintenance dose….many thanks to all of you knowledgeable about this stuff….but in my never ending debate with my neuro I think I need to have some hard facts on my side.

I know someone said that you can find this info on the gammguard site, but I couldn’t find it. Maybe I didn’t search hard enough, and if that is the case I apologize.

Could anyone give me some links to where I can find this so I sound educated.

Dawn thanks so much for all your help so far, I’ve put a call in to her and haven’t heard back. I just want to get the dosing right before we start treating on a regular basis.

Thanks again everybody!

Keep Smiling!

marjie

• Anonymous
      September 16, 2008 at 5:17 am

Marjie,

This is a PDF file with the dosing information… scroll down through the microscopic print to page three and you’ll find what you are looking for.

[url]http://www.baxter.com/products/biopharmaceuticals/downloads/gamliquid_PI.pdf?WT.svl=BiosciencePIs&site=www.immunedisease.com[/url]

Also go here for more specific info on CIDP:

[url]http://www.cidpinfo.com/treatment_options/ivig_therapy/dosing_and_administration.aspx[/url]

Good luck!

Julie

• September 16, 2008 at 11:15 pm

Marjie,
      No need to apologize!!!! If you you need any additional info than what Julie listed, I can fax you some papers I have. Tell her to ask Dr. H, or Z I know they both would help. You could let her know that we have spoke through the web site and “realized” we are patients at the same hospital. Maybe non chalantly bring up that you know Kevin has made great strides and is on a monthly loading dose (for 8 months) and has now started tapering off by 10 grams every three months. Call if you like tomm. I will be home after 11 am.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2008 at 4:50 pm

Thanks Julie for the inforamtion! Not sure what they are planning on giving me but I printed this out just in case I need it for reference! Thanks!:D

• Anonymous
      September 18, 2008 at 12:48 am

at this point I’m frustrated, but something is better than nothing. I am scheduled for 1 g/kg next week and I have told the nurse straight out that I think I should be on 2g/kg. (I can’t seem to talk to the doctor).

So Dawn, I told the nurse to tell the doc to talk to your doc, as I feel that her course of treatment is not right and that your doc has a better handle on it. She always wants to see me 3 weeks after IVIG so I’m planning on coming armed with a handful of paperwork regard the 2g/kg.

I figure at this point, something is better than nothing and 1 g/kg will be ok til I see her 3 weeks post ivig.

Once again, thanks to all of you for your help and support!

Can;t wait to see some of you at the symposium

keep smiling! it seems my positive attitude is the only thing I can control

marjie