IVIG called off on account of blizzard..

    • Anonymous
      April 11, 2008 at 1:26 pm

      I was scheduled for ivig 3rd day at the infusion clinic, but duluth clinic closed on account of all things a blizzard is hitting us.. I don’t think I could have made it anyway due to hazardous driving and distance. My question is they schedule these things for 5 days straight, and I’m thinking the soonest I could get in is Sunday (more like Monday is more likely)…Is this going to hugely impact my treatment if I went wednesday, thursday, then following monday, tuesday wednesday….Since I can’t talk to clinic or neurology today, Short of calling emergency), I thought I’d bounce it off you all….

    • April 11, 2008 at 5:02 pm

      Hi Deanopp,
      I would call the neuro. I would consider this an emergency question, and you have every right to call him after hours. My opinion, you can’t change what is happening outside, worst case scenario, you get it Monday, that is the only solution short of asking the doc to organize a stay in the hospital and start it tonight. I am kind of psyco, so I would probably try to have that done if it was Kevin. They probably would refuse, and I would just have to deal with it and go with Monday.

      It sounds like you are getting loading doses, so next month, or however your schedule goes, you will be back at the begining and all will be good. Good luck and stay warm!!!
      Dawn Kevies mom

    • Anonymous
      April 11, 2008 at 7:44 pm

      I called hospital, and they will make arrangements for ivig starting tommorrow weather permitting, but if it had to wait due to this wacky weather it could…There’s nothing like an April blizzard to throw a wrench into an already getting old roller coaster ride…Thanks for the advise…I’m feeling bad for the Robins hunkering down in the spruce trees trying to stay out of the 50+ mile per hour winds..deanop

    • Anonymous
      April 12, 2008 at 6:05 pm

      How did the infussion go?

    • Anonymous
      April 12, 2008 at 7:58 pm

      Hi Jim:

      Well, the winds died down this a.m., and it quit snowing, so I was able to get the driveway snowblowed….The main road was impassable until about 10 a.m. as the snow was so heavy the county plow truck couldn’t move it.. Anyway, I was able to get the ivig in Duluth Minnesota hospital by about 11 a.m. and was done by 2:30…
      Aside from a slight headache and really tired I’m doing fine, and ready to go back tommorrow for day 4….Then day 5 back to infusion center at the clinic..It’s interesting to see the differences in protocol between the two units…., both do a great job though…
      I am really hoping things are getting squared away with my health issues, to the point where, I can somewhat start functioning without total fatique….Still probably 50% strength of pre gbs/cipd possible onset october 2007…Thanks for inquiring…deano
      P.S..Not all bleak snow in the hinterlands, they are talking 60’s Faren. next week! It’ll be nice to see some grass again…Had 10 Trumpeter Swans in our field before this blizzard swimming around, hope they made out o.k…Later…

    • April 12, 2008 at 10:05 pm

      Hi Deanop,
      Glad the infussion went well and you were able to continue. Regarding the headaches, keep taking the pre meds. Good luck!