IVIG brands, spinal taps etc.

• March 15, 2007 at 12:24 pm

sorry no info

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2007 at 1:00 pm

Dawn –

Why was Kevin throwing up & shaking? Was this after the IVIG? If so, then he wasn’t hydrated enough. Make sure he drinks TONS of water before, during & after the infusion.

You may also want to look into trying another brand of IVIG. Emily uses Gammaguard. It’s usually tolerated better because of the preparation process.

I’m sorry that you had such a bad time at the hospital. Are you going to look into homecare?

My take on doing maintenance doses is you need to figure out what the relapsing/remission schedule is then you need to make sure that the patient gets the IVIG before the relapse occurs. So it would all depend on how often Kevin is relapsing.

As far as the spinal tap, why did they have such a hard time getting it in right?

I’m glad you are home & remember to call me if you need anything. Did you get my emails last week? Did you check out Emi’s pics? I told you she looked like a normal kid.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      March 15, 2007 at 8:17 pm

dawn,

a better test than a lp is the ncv. ivig can not help residuals. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength