its been 3.5 years and checking in.

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Hello its been 3.5 years and still my feet are really sensetive and stiff is this still cidp? i am always tired, weak in the legs and my hands shake and twitch. I am not taking anything but keep on working so i can stay afloat. Again will this get better or am i going to have to live like this. Thanks for listening and will check in from time to time . I like reading some of the articles.

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2012 at 6:32 am

tjay,
      Probably. CIDP can have varying rates of progress (or deterioration). Mine was very slow also. t took years. Your symptoms sound like CIDP, so if you were diagnosed, it has probably progressed. I would like to offer a suggestion or two so you may avoid some of the pitfalls I went through by not knowing. My CIDP continued to progress and then it took off and I am on disability now. this does not mean that your fate will mirror mine. But, I could have done some things to better my chances and I did not. FIRST. Remember that STRESS can be the greatest aggravator of your symptoms. Your immune system is affected by how you act and feel. If your stress levels are higher, the odds of CIDP worsening are greater. Stay active, but don’t go overboard. Do what you can and stay stretched out. Stay happy. Your state of mind influences everything.Focus on your family and keep love alive. Love and friendship is the greatest positive emotion we have. These will help you maintain.

Dick S

• May 17, 2012 at 11:37 am

Tjay – Is there any reason why you are not on any treatment for your CIDP?

Kelly

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Thanks for the info Dick and Kelly. I went for a check-up last year and he said i am doing fine. I just hurt all the time, I think i am just use to it. I do not know what normal is anymore. The doc said I don’t have to go back for a check up but i do just to keep him informed. Don’t get me wrong I came a long way when it first started. It was in both legs in 2007 and in 2008 it went into my hands and arms were weak. I could not put socks on, eat or hardly shave. They gave me ivig treatments and went to therapy for 5 months. They said you need to go on disability, I said no I want to keep my job and go back to work. At the six month I went back to work. Still my feet hurt when i stand alot, when i go to bed my legs feel funny and it takes along time to go to sleep. I work third shift so this don’t help any. I am going to keep going until something goes wrong. thanks for letting me vent will talk back later. See ya