It’s Monday! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 4:23 am

It’s Monday already! But glad to see it here. Today I am supposed to hear from my doctor and hope they get me in for surgery this week. Hope it’s today but kind of doubt that one. He will probably call me today and schedule me when the hospital can take me in.
      I will be staying close by to the phone today! I feel better since taking the antibiotic so maybe today will be my lucky day!
      Let’s hope so! Got my suitcase packed and ready to hurry up and get this all done and over with. No matter what I have to face when waking up. Don’t care anymore! Just want to get this over with so I can have hope of getting better.
      So please cross your toes and fingers for me today. You watch! I will probably sit around all day long waiting to hear from my doctor and he will call this afternoon like around his closing time. Sure hope not!
      Anxious and ready to get rolling! I don’t even care what happens afterwards. Not even going to worry about that right now. Just care about getting started! So wish me luck! I need it! Hugs

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 6:05 am

Hi Linda,
      Fingers and toes crossed – Good luck!
      My Niece had biopsies done last week on 4 largish lumps on her thyroid – I’m waiting to hear how her tests went – Her hubby just finished chemo after surgery for colon cancer – when it rains it pours!
      All the best
      Kazza

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 6:31 am

Hi Kazza! She too must have been diagnosed with Multinodular thyroid goiter. They really are quite common and many women get them and most of them are benign. When CT Scans, Labs, Ultrasounds show no evidence of cancer then they do the biopsy. Sometimes they can tell the cancer right away and other times they are not sure. There are 5 different kinds of thyroid cancer and two are good prognosis. The other 3 are not so great! Those gioters can also be caused by other things too. A virus, thyroid disease.. like Graves, Hyper or Hypothyroidism, Cushings Disease. Even some medications can cause them. They are still not sure which cancer mine is and they did a test on me last week along with a treatment.
      Some can be asperated while others can’t. My thyroid has to be removed and they are going to do the biopsy at the same time while removing it. If her biopsy comes out normal they will try medications to shrink the goiter. Unfortunately my lumps are very large in size and one has pushed into the esophagus causing problems. Calling it a Sub Sternal Goiter which has no choice but surgery. They did that URIA on me last week in hopes to see what kind of cancer I have. My father had cancer and his was a fast spreading kind. I am hoping I did not inherit his type of cancer. Which for me if I did I would have the cancer in my thyroid that is not treatable kind. A trach will have to be added and kept permanent to help with breathing.
      Right now! I don’t even care anymore! Just want to get this done and over with. The sooner I know and what can be done afterwards is better than sitting here not knowing and having fear. If it is the terminal kind then I would rather know, so I can plan on what to do next. Meaning getting my affairs in order. But I am not going to think bad thoughts just yet. I’m keeping the word Hope in my mind. There is still Hope!
      I have a feeling it’s going to be a very long day! This waiting is hard doing! I will be posting the moment I find out something! Thanks Kazza!

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 7:57 am

Linda,
      You must get up with the chickens my dear. Dang. I get to work around 6am…central time for me tho…and you have already been on most mornings. I always check first thing when I get to work to see what’s going on with everyone.

Someone that I have to fill in for has called in sick again….she was off the entire summer…came back and made it a month. I’m so behind in my work still b/c of it. Makes me dispise her when I shouldnt.
      I hate doing her job. She needs to retire and wont. She’s 70 and very unhealthy. Not that I think she’s too old….not at all b/c we have others her age here…just that she’s not healthy and should retire now to enjoy life a bit.
      I dunno. I can leave when I am 50 with full benefits b/c of my years of service…when I’m 50, I’ll have 30 years in. YIKES.
      Hope I make it till then.

Anyway….hope you get news about your surgery soon. I wish I could find a surgeon to take my ovary out. I have a dermoid on it that causes me pain all the time and nobody seems to want to remove it. I say take it…I dont need it any more and with it gone, that would be one less place for cancer.

good luck today.

well wishes,
      Stacey

• September 22, 2008 at 12:20 pm

Good Luck!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Linda, My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!!:) One day at a time, Hun!!! Take Care.

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Thanks Stacey, Dawn and Cheryl! Stacey! I have alot of problems sleeping and some nights I only get 2 or 3 hours and some nights if I’m lucky I get 6 hours of sleep. Will go into a deep feeling sleep and then get zapped by something to not be able to sleep at all.
      Seen me fall asleep at 9 to wake up at 11:30. Seen me fall asleep at 11:30 to wake up at 2:30! I have tried all kinds of stuff to get to sleep. Avoiding caffiene, sweets, midnight snacks, trying to be active all day. Ambien, Zanax. Stopped this med to see if that was the cause. Stopped that med to see if that was the cause.
      Recent sleep study showed some sleep apnea but they saw more of an obstructive airway problem than the apnea. Thyroid nodules being sub sternal! I looked up some stuff today and my symptoms have been there a long time. Sleep pattern too! Saw 3 different doctors over this problem and nothing ever got done. Got fed up and switched and found one to finally listen to me and the poor man has done everything he can to help me all summer long. And thanks to him, I think we found my answers. He is thinking my attack on my nervous system was due to a thyroid storm two weeks after my surgery in May which could have been deadly and real serious issue. He too started out trying to check my Lupus but the labs were way off the chart! Not indicating Lupus attacking the nervous system. Then the Neuro I saw, well he said I did have CIDP but of unknown etology. I just hope this thyroid issue is what caused the CIDP. If so and I am treatable then I may finally get my life back. Just hope that CIDP is what caused this and nothing else hidden in my closet!
      It’s 5:34 and I have been tagging by the phone all day and my doctor did not call like he said. Something may have come up though and he either did not have time to call or is still trying to get me in for surgery. I will hear from him though. He’s pretty good about his calls. I just think he may have gotten tied up with an emergency and could not get to me today.
      Although a little disappointed, I have to understand that he is really trying to get me in quickly. Off course he has the surgeons schedule to go by and the hospital’s schedule also he has to deal with and his schedule too! So they might be discussing what is a good time for all 3 issues. He is going to call. Just looks like it’s not going to be today. Arf arf! 🙁 Ohh well! Life’s a beach at times! You watch! Right when I least expect it and have something I am in the middle of doing they will call me! We only have 1 Endrocrinologist here in my town too! See’s 60 patients a day and that might be a hold up there! I know my doctor has been talking with him though in regards to my case. Sending records to him too! Think there could be more than 1 doctor discussing me right now. With my situation and other problems especially lupus and asthma and the CIDP. More than 1 doctor will be handling my case.
      Well! Tomorrow is another day! 😀

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 6:11 pm

I hope you get the call. Fingers are crossed here and I’ll be thinking good thoughts. Keep us posted.
      Laurel