it’s been awhile an update huge baby steps

• Anonymous
      November 6, 2011 at 12:11 pm

It sure has been awhile since I posted here. Lots has happened in my life.
      To start off, I have rceived both private and Social Security Disability. Pretty easy process for both. The long Term Disablity insurance company provided a lawyer group to help with SSD since it reduced there liability.
      I have spent the last three months living at my daughter’s home in Virginia. Her husband had a brain tumor removed, and was treated with six weeks of radiation. I was not working so was able to help with small family chores during this time.
      I have not made any noticable improvements since this past winter and I am dealing quite well with my new normal. Still must rest a couple of times a day. Still have numbness and stabing pain and still have trouble keeping my left eye open which curtails driving for more than an hour or so. And other symtoms that come and go which you all know is normal.
      I am taking care of household chores and cooking which really isn’t too difficult with just two of us.
      All in all life is good. Different and curtailed but good. I have accepted the new normal and will be thankful for any additional improvement. I consider myself lucky.

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2011 at 9:47 am

Harry,

Nice to hear from you again. I’m happy life is good for you.
      Come back more often.
      Thanks for the update.

Prayers for your daughter and her husband as they go through this difficult time.

Shirley

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Harry,

So nice to hear from you again and that you are hanging in there.

You were always so upbeat and that has served you well!!

• Anonymous
      November 7, 2011 at 4:40 pm

[QUOTE=Harryb] I am dealing quite well with my new normal.

All in all life is good. Different and curtailed but good. I have accepted the new normal and will be thankful for any additional improvement. I consider myself lucky.[/QUOTE]

It’s great to see you around again. I can definitely identify with what you’ve stated above. Sometimes we may not like our “new normal” but I think we recognize it could be much worse.

• Anonymous
      November 8, 2011 at 8:28 pm

this is exactly the post i needed to read ! THANK YOU…. iv ben in a emotional slump lately and stuff i have read on the forum lately has been bumming me out…. coming to the realization my new normal is going to be a perminant thing….. but THISpost has lightned my spirit ….THANKS AGAIN

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2011 at 3:01 pm

HarryB, glad to see you doing alright. As you know alright is a different look than normal folks. We can only do what our bodies allows. Hope you continue to keep your chin up.

• Anonymous
      November 9, 2011 at 3:31 pm

[COLOR=”DarkGreen”][SIZE=”4″]Hello Harry and Synthia. Harry bless you and do love your outlook. I pray you will see improvement and feel better. Synthia I have you in my prayers and I was blessed as my GBS was mild but I still can feel the pain of others. Please keep posting and shareing. Your unconditional friend (Lakoda)[/SIZE][/COLOR]