Is Acupuncture Ok?

• Anonymous
      March 7, 2009 at 10:44 pm

anyone know whether there is an issue with acupuncture?

• Anonymous
      March 8, 2009 at 10:08 pm

I know a number of GBS’ers who use acupuncture and attended a lecture on it at our local support group. So far as I know if you go to a good person there is no danger-some people said they were helped and some said they were not. Jeff

• Anonymous
      March 9, 2009 at 3:11 am

I love acupuncture! It really has been a good help for me. I found a wonderful, caring gal who became an acupuncturist after the difference it made in her life (not GBS). Sometimes you have to “shop” a bit just like finding the right massage therapist or Doc for that matter! Good luck 🙂

• Anonymous
      March 19, 2009 at 9:23 pm

thanks for your responses– i did go, yesterday. i will continue–
      alice

• Anonymous
      March 27, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I am new to having GBS but might actually have CIDP. I got treatment while I was in my most acute phase of the first attack of what was dx as GBS. I broke out in a sweat on the table, the symptoms felt worse shortly and then I went to bed and woke up feeling normal. My symptoms would come back but with more regular treatment they woudl go away. ..I never had to be admitted into a hospital, or do any therapies. My case was mild, but I do believe that had to do with the acupuncture. I was in a lot of pain, was having troubel walking and was numb in my hands, feet m face and at times my entire outside body. …Then I got lazy. I only did about 4-5 tx.

Gradually I was feeling well enough that I stopped. Now 1 year later -Many symptoms are back now so I am just about to start up treatment again ,,,if I have CIDP… it sure beats -predisone and immune suppressors.

I hope my story helps. Feel free to ask me questiosn about Acupuncture anytime. I lived in China and have been practiticing for 12 years now.