Introduction – Hello!

• Anonymous
      November 21, 2007 at 3:57 pm

Hello to all,

My name is Mike.

First, I would like to say thank you to the foundation, all the members, and the website for being a such an valuable source of information and support.
      Although this is the first time I am writing, you have been helping for over a year.

My story:
      I was diagonosed with GBS in July of 2006.
      It started as numbness in my legs as I drove back from a 4th of July picnic.
      I din’t think much of it, maybe just overwork and not enough sleep, but within 3 days I was in the hospital, almost completely parallyzed.
      I spent about 5 months in the hospital and have now been home for about a year.
      I glad to report that things are improving (slowly). But thankfully going in the right direction.
      I have progressed from a wheelchair to a walker to a cane (using AFO’s).

I was very fortunate to be at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, were they diagnosed GBS within a day of my arrival and started IvIg treatment within 3 days.

I live in Brooklyn, NYC. Any other Brooklynites out there?
      If can be of help to anyone in the area, please let me know.

Once again, hello.

Thanks,
      Mike

• Anonymous
      November 21, 2007 at 4:12 pm

Welcome Mike you are in the right place to share information. You might think about finding the support group in your area, so you can share your story with them also. It is very important to educate the medical community but also the friends and family of those that person that gets GBS/CIDP and all the variations. We hold a very high reguard for our care givers here on this forum.

• Anonymous
      November 21, 2007 at 9:07 pm

[B]Welcome to the Family Mike, but I wish that you didn’t have the need to find us.Happy Thanksgiving[/B]