Interesting post about GBS

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2006 at 7:08 am

Interesting post about GBS use the following link:

[url]http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=1230769[/url]

• Anonymous
      May 22, 2006 at 11:17 am

Very interesting article. Surprisingly accurate, especially for a news report.

I generally put little credence in articles by journalists, since the articles written about things I happen to know a lot about personally are invariably riddled with errors and misinformation.

This particular article is a good short form explaination of GBS, although missing some important facts (such as no mention of severe pain at onset, or about axonal damage that can occur with or instead of the myelin damage etc.).

However, that said, the explaination of GBS is better than many I’ve read on medical websites where you would expect to get more thorough and accurate info. (Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic etc.). Amazing…

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2006 at 10:31 am

Hi,

A good way to get up-to-date news reports is to set up a “google” alert for GBS. That way you will get all the articles worldwide sent to your mailbox as they happen. I heard about the Ohio case and also that California has designed May the official GBS month. I also have “vaccines” as an alert so I can track what is happening daily. 😎

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2006 at 12:51 pm

Thanks for the comments. I will also try the Google alert.