Infiltration with chest port

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2009 at 11:34 pm

Deleted by poster

• November 11, 2009 at 11:46 pm

We always pull back and check for a blood return to be sure we are in. If you like your doc, independantly from the home company, is it possible to explain the situation, past and this last situation and tell him you would like to use another healthcare company? I think if he has his patients best interest in mind, he will honor your request AND change nurses to avoid future incidents for other patients. For all you know, others have complained. I would FOR SURE bring up that you are owed some extra ivig both from a monetary perspective and most importantly for your physical well being. AT NO COST TO YOU!!!!! I think you should demand it. The way I see it, you are in the cat birds seat. Good luck!
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2009 at 12:29 am

Deleted by poster

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2009 at 9:58 am

Explain that to him. Tell him you have been so worried about bringing this to his attention because you think he is a great dr & you don’t want to lose him. Tell him you would love to continue to be his patient, because you think he is an excellent dr, but you would REALLY like some other nurses.

Maybe if you are honest but considerate he will take it well.

I know you have to be extremely worried about this but I think you can handle the conversation with the dr & I hope he is a sensible man.

When is your appointment? If I were you, I would call him & discuss this ASAP.
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2009 at 7:19 pm

ONLY ONE DAY’s TRAINING? Nuh-HUH! No way no how! Inexcusable.
      Go web up your state medical licensing and look up the nurse’s name. She’s GOT to have certification training to do what she was doing to you.
      I say this as I had to ‘report’ a hospital for Bad IV practices and it was all confidential. AND they all got re-fresher training! AND I got a whole fee abatement in billing the insurance company! {That’s cause I let the Ins. Co. know too}
      It’s not only YOUR life we are talking about here? It is about anyone this nurse treats. And, since it’s your doc doing the set-ups? IT’s his responsibility as well!
      I’m spooked as I’m getting my port put in next week. BUT I KNOW my IV nurse is certified and essentially pedigreed [I checked], so I’m confident in the nurse’s skills at least!
      My heart goes out to you. I wish there was something else I could do!

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2009 at 8:07 pm

gasp. that sounds terrible. I am just a fly on the wall here. is a port like a vas cath? I am not well versed in Ivig talk. I have had PE twice I have really bad veins so the first time they had to put the catheter in my chest and the second time it was easy in my neck. they also had to install a pic line because my veins are so bad. the nurse collided the pick line with the vas cath and my ear hurt and she said “oh sorry I just hit your jugular”. she then backed it out and put it back and and something took my breath away. I said “what the hell just happened” and she said ” oops I just tickled your heart”.

the plasma pherisis nurses always asperated but they had to get the heprin out before starting. One of them was telling me how scared they were when they first started because here they are in charge of this machine and this treatment that no one else in the hospital is familiar with no nurse or doctor. if something were to go wrong they would have to call their superior. I found that less than reusuring.